What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
I've slacked a bit on the cleaning of my bike this winter, now i'm paying for it. Buy a cheap Suzuki, get a cheap Suzuki I suppose :p :(

In other news, I can now feel my fingers and I think my balls have shown themselves finally after that freezing ride in this morning.

Soldato
Fitted the new fuel pump to the Tuono on Saturday, then got a new battery to replace the one the VFR had killed in the eurotunnel queue (both the VFR and tuono have the same battery so I swapped them over), refitted the tank and fired it up for the first time for 9 months!!! :eek:

Yes that's my phone camera mic getting blown out, 1000cc v-twin in a metal garage = LOUD NOISES!

Wow, the facebook video thing works :D

Man of Honour
Fitted the new fuel pump to the Tuono on Saturday, then got a new battery to replace the one the VFR had killed in the eurotunnel queue (both the VFR and tuono have the same battery so I swapped them over), refitted the tank and fired it up for the first time for 9 months!!! :eek:

Yes that's my phone camera mic getting blown out, 1000cc v-twin in a metal garage = LOUD NOISES!

Wow, the facebook video thing works :D

What will go wrong next though? :p

Man of Honour
Need to get my wheel bearings done rear seems to have a slight wobble when I tested it, normally get them done with the tyres to avoid the extra labour charge but the last place was only a tyre fitter, £50ish of labour to fit £20 worth of parts :o

Man of Honour
Need to get my wheel bearings done rear seems to have a slight wobble when I tested it, normally get them done with the tyres to avoid the extra labour charge but the last place was only a tyre fitter, £50ish of labour to fit £20 worth of parts :o

£120 you flipping wot m8 :eek:

Man of Honour
Just taken the wheels off in the dark ready for new bearings tomorrow. Tried to get the layer of chain wax/road muck off the rear and gave up :D it's getting dropped off for someone else to deal with once the weather picks up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers

That’s what I’m after, just glad to get the S20’s off
Bridgestones? :eek: Not a fan at all of bridgestones - I had M7RR's on the VFR before the roadtec01, it's not as sporty a profile but it seems to be wearing well and the grip level through the winter crap has been excellent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Beautiful day today, and I was working from home this afternoon. The salt was pretty much washed off the road so the XR was dusted off and taken out for quick ride. The last time I rode her properly was in October, a 500+ mile ride back from Germany. I'm off to the London Bike Show tomorrow, and at pretty much the same moment I thought I might ride down a dirty great gritter rolled past.

Still not quite there yet...

Man of Honour
Beautiful day today, and I was working from home this afternoon. The salt was pretty much washed off the road so the XR was dusted off and taken out for quick ride. The last time I rode her properly was in October, a 500+ mile ride back from Germany. I'm off to the London Bike Show tomorrow, and at pretty much the same moment I thought I might ride down a dirty great gritter rolled past.

Still not quite there yet...

Let me know what you think about the duke 790.

Associate
Rear left indicator stopped working during the week. Had only pulled half the bike apart checking the wires to find the wire was broken about an inch below the plug in the tail where I'd first looked!

Ended up removing the pannier rack and rear fairing trying to get at the wire to fix it. At least in the process I was able to rip out the aftermarket alarm wiring after removing the alarm itself last week, also found where there was a missing bolt causing the undertray to keep falling down (had been holding it up with a cable tie) so in the end a fairly useful exercise getting a few things sorted.

Exhaust had also been falling apart (where the sleeve is riveted at the inlet had come apart and was leaking) so sent it back to manufacturer last week to repair and polish up, came back looking good as new and got it fitted at the start of the week. Also changed it from carbon to black stainless which is an improvement imo. Much cheaper for £80 than having to just replace it.

Back
Top Bottom