I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Man of Honour
A bit more than the two you mentioned but this one seems to get good reviews by makers muse https://peopoly.net/products/moai
Yeah that's the one I was talking g about in the first post.

Although, water soulable resin is non existent. So might go for normal one. As pva filament is everywhere and pretty cheap.but you have clear layer lines, no where near resolution on sla.

Man of Honour
While I think about printers, what's a good program to manipulate STL files. Scale them, modify them, choose different infills for different areas and chop them up for printing,

i thought fusion 360 was free for personal use, but i cant see it. did they pull that?

Last edited:
Associate
While I think about printers, what's a good program to manipulate STL files. Scale them, modify them, choose different infills for different areas and chop them up for printing,

You can do all that bar the modifying part in the slicer software, but to do different infills for different parts you'll need Simplify3D which is a paid application. If you can live without that you can use Cura or Repetier Host

For modifying .stl's you can either use Fusion360 or for very basic stuff TinkerCAD

J.

Soldato
Yep you just click on your username at the top right and select the non commercial option (or something along those lines).

Slicer software - look at Cura as mentioned, loads of options if you make the hidden options visible, there are lots though. Simplify3D will let you choose different infill for different parts of the same model though it's not really necessary unless you're getting serious or are having problems getting certain models to print. It's very well regarded but I've never felt the need to buy.

I've not really done much in terms of modifying STLs but meshmixer does that sort of thing. You really want to be modifying them in CAD if you want specific dimensions though. Create each part as a component and then you can export individually and do as you wish inside the slicer afterwards.

Man of Honour
LOL for a moment I was like what is so special about that - then I saw the multiple extruders heh. Wonder how well that works.

Soldato
LOL for a moment I was like what is so special about that - then I saw the multiple extruders heh. Wonder how well that works.

Knowing E3D very well. But I think it will be about £2,500.

On a side note. A guy on the D-Bot facebook already had a 2 colour version working with the same setup as E3D.

Back
Top Bottom