alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
Just thought i'd give an update ...

The monitor came next day from DELL even though shipping estimates were 4-5 weeks.

It is a nice upgrade from the Asus PG348Q which I'll probably return.

- Chassis and stand are much sleeker than the Asus
- Steeper curve than the Asus, didn't think I would care, but it is actually really nice and immersive
- Thinner 'bezel' than the Asus
- No backlight bleed which is really nice (Asus was quite bad on all 4 corners)

Unfortunately it is actually slightly yellower on the right hand side. Did some research and others have mentioned this issue on some panels. It's not actually that noticeable unless you're looking for it, but not great on a brand new monitor.

Not sure if I want to return this and risk getting one with bad BLB etc. All in all, the monitor is awesome enough that even with the yellow tinge towards the right i'm of half a mind to stick with it

Thanks for the update. Mine is arriving tomorrow, I'll let you know the outcome!

Associate
OP
Looking like I will be getting one directly next week, spoke to live chat and they are giving me a really good deal (£849 which is insane), so hoping they can keep that offer for me for another week, the guy on live chat certainly said he could. Just needing to wait on a refund coming through. The wait is killing me!

Associate
Did your monitor arrive? Interested to hear your impressions and whether the panel has any defects. Thanks
Hello! It did indeed, the panel is fantastic. No problems with it whatsoever, I must be quite lucky in that regard as a few people have mentioned yellowing and bleeding.

Overall very impressed with it, you couldn’t ask for anything more than what this monitor is to offer in my opinion. Managed to get it for £829 delivered, unbelievable price!

Last edited:
Associate
Been looking at this the last couple of days and I am so tempted. £829-£850 is a steal if I can get them that low.

What cards do you guys run with this? I have just a 1080 and want to make sure I'd be able to play most games at the 100-120hz.

Associate
OP
Once I get one I will be using a 1080Ti. Using it with my rog swift at the moment and occassionally on my 4k monitor and the 1080Ti does a great job.

Associate
Hello! It did indeed, the panel is fantastic. No problems with it whatsoever, I must be quite lucky in that regard as a few people have mentioned yellowing and bleeding.

Overall very impressed with it, you couldn’t ask for anything more than what this monitor is to offer in my opinion. Managed to get it for £829 delivered, unbelievable price!

Thanks for the update.

Do you use it with a second monitor? Notice any yellow whites at all? May be more obvious when compared to a 2nd monitor.

I keep getting used to it and then sometimes everything seems quite yellow. I did a Spyder Calibration and it did seem to improve matters.

Thanks

Associate
Thanks for the update.

Do you use it with a second monitor? Notice any yellow whites at all? May be more obvious when compared to a 2nd monitor.

I keep getting used to it and then sometimes everything seems quite yellow. I did a Spyder Calibration and it did seem to improve matters.

Thanks

I’m using a 1080p monitor as my second one. I haven’t been noticing any yellow lines at all, that’s very unusual.

Have you found anyone else complaining of this issue?

Associate
What price did you get?

£890 all in, inc VAT and delivery.

I bought it there and then on the live chat, so never received a quote reference unfortunately.

Edit: I'm conscious that I may be flying close to the wind on the OCUK forum rules. If I am, I'm sorry mods!

Back
Top Bottom