*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
You guys missed a classic on itv4. Two undefeated cruiserweght world champions, a Cuban and Russian both with ridiculous ko % just went toe to toe, the russian KO'd the Cuban in the 12th round. The final will now be on May 11th with all 4 belts on the line between Gassiev and Usyk, both undefeated. If tonights fight is anything to go by I'll definitely be tuning in again.

Caporegime
That fight was god awful. You know it’s bad when the promoter even says so.

No one in this division has got a chance against Usyk. He’s a machine, the closest thing to Ivan Drago I’ve ever seen in real life.

Soldato
No one in this division has got a chance against Usyk. He’s a machine, the closest thing to Ivan Drago I’ve ever seen in real life.

I'v never seen him fight but heard good things. May 11th is unmissable then because I want to see how he tries stopping this Russian guy, really solid power puncher with clubbing shots and sweet uppercuts. Really impressed with what I saw tonight, he started slow but was fighting at his own pace and not phased at all by the pressure or pace the Cuban set early. Slowly went up through the gears and in the 11th landed a beautiful flurry before finally timing a great shot on the Cubans chin in the 12th. I'd love to see him fight an Ivan Drago :)

Soldato
Really looking forward to the Groves fight this weekend.

I expect Groves to win.

I don't believe Eubank has faced anyone at Groves' level and it will be interesting to see what he is made of really (he may surprise me!).

Soldato
Really looking forward to the Groves fight this weekend.

I expect Groves to win.

I don't believe Eubank has faced anyone at Groves' level and it will be interesting to see what he is made of really (he may surprise me!).

Eubank hasn't faced anyone as good as Groves but it's not from lack of trying and he has showed what he's made of and proved himself more than ready to compete at this level.

I can't split the two of them and it will be interesting to see how the fight plays out. Groves is a lot bigger, more experienced and a very accurate heavy puncher. Eubank is lighter, has better stamina and a brutal work rate. If Groves can give Eubank enough to think about and maintain control of the fights pace for long periods then he has the advantages. If Eubank can keep the pressure on and force Groves to work 3 minutes of a round then I think Eubank breaks Groves up within 8-9 rounds.

Soldato
I think eubank jr will win in the later rounds by a tko

Ref will step in as i see groves taking punishment like blackwell did

He wont drop groves but he will be on him every round and sheer number of punches will be too much imo

Soldato
Yeah I agree Grove's will probably wear his heart on his sleeve as he often does, will be too brave take too much punishment and the ref will step in.

Eubank predicts round 6-8 I think 10-11

I cannot wait and although I have Eubank favourite I'm not convinced it will go all his way.

I thought the press conference the other day was hilarious. Eubank has certainly inherited his fathers wit.

Associate
Groves looks like he is going to be coming in heavy tomorrow, Eubank looking in good shape as always as well, I think there will be a big size difference on fight night. I can't quite gauge either of them though, I think they are both feeling the nerves a little now as Eubank was being even more mouthy than usual and Groves has been a little quiet.

Should be an awesome fight, can see it going either way. I want to lean towards Groves as I like his style, but can't argue with the engine & work rate of Eubank.

How has the production been on ITV box office events lately? I caught a few of the ones from a few months ago and they were shocking, hope they've improved.

Associate
What has made you think groves in coming in heavy tomorrow when eubank was heavier on the scales

Good point :D

I must at have misheard when watching the stream, thought it was the other way around lol. Groves is still the naturally bigger out of the two though if anything, I'd expect him to be ballooning up more than Eubank over night.

Soldato
he looked gaunt imo for this fight wondering if hes trying ot keep weight down because he knows eubank has an engine and will be much fresher for 12 rounds

Back
Top Bottom