ASRock AMD Taichi X370 - No sound from the rear outputs? Am I missing something?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

As per the title, I plugged in some new Creative T20 MKII speakers today and there was no sound coming out, the sound card properties showed sound playing and I set them the correct output as default, all volumes turned up.

Initially I thought it might be my speakers so I plugged in my DAP to the speakers directly, and sound played in all its full glory, so the speakers seemed ok.

I then tried my front panel connectors on my case, and the then only 1 speaker played, not 2, but the cable connector was really loose and created static, so I also think I have a dodgy front panel!

I've also tried a better quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, same issues.

Does this sound like the onboard sound is duff? If so it means that I'm going to have to return the motherboard and dismantle my new PC :(

Thanks for any info you may have :)

Associate
Are your drivers definitely up to date? Check your playback devices in your sound settings too. Make sure you're set to stereo and to a bit rate your speakers support. Obviously also check that all the usual virtual sound settings (Dolby etc) are disabled in your soundcard control panel too.

Back
Top Bottom