**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
The included audio adapter finally broke. Looks like the only place I can buy the official one is from Google's website which has 5 day delivery :( Any way I can get one a lot quicker?
Not sure, but they should replace it for you if it breaks inside the warranty period?

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking for a spare charger but don't want to pay £30 for one from Google, any recommendations?
Check out the PowerAdd multi charger on the rainforest. It's only a fiver cheaper but you can at least charge multiple devices if that's of any use to you. It's great at charging the 2XL, every bit as good as the genuine charger.
In a nutshell anything with USB C Power Delivery (PD) with a wattage of 15+ will sort you out.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah I seen MKBHD mention it in his recent upload. Snapchat always has a nasty grainy look on my P2XL.

While I appreciate the constant improvement to the phone due to this third party hardware implementation (Google Visual Core enabled for third party websites), I am even more impressed with what Google is attempting to do not only on the Pixel phone software in particular but with their greater use of Artificial Intelligence to make our web experiences more satisfying. For me, I prefer to be able to respond to messages with a short reply and I frequently use Smart Reply in Inbox for example. I do not know how others view Smart Reply but it is often exactly what I want to say quickly. Often times, I am carrying something in one hand and attempting to hold the phone and reply with the other (yes voice to text is great too but if a canned, simply reply is at hand that says what I want I use it).

So when I read about this new Google patent for Reply, guessing what you will do online, for much more than the simple reply.....think Assistant. Predictive photo editing on Google is already a reality.

What else could it be used for? With Google's Waymo expected to launch the first commercial self driving taxi service vehicle in Phoenix, Arizona, it would not be too much of a stretch to think this AI could be used in autonomous vehicles. While we assume that the passenger will always control the destination of the AV, perhaps not. In the example in this link, the passenger might simply be able to say "Take me to a good restaurant". According to the article, "the car decides based on past preference, table availability, traffic, the knowledge that you’ll be going to a movie and the information about when that movie starts and where the theater is located."

A Google-styled predictive internet?

https://www.computerworld.com/artic...tions-about-google-s-predictive-internet.html

Soldato
While I appreciate the constant improvement to the phone due to this third party hardware ...

There really is no point in posting like this, most people will hit the first paragraph and stop reading, it just comes across as a google blog which is not what this forum is about...sorry :( post your experiences.

Associate
Check out the PowerAdd multi charger on the rainforest. It's only a fiver cheaper but you can at least charge multiple devices if that's of any use to you. It's great at charging the 2XL, every bit as good as the genuine charger.
In a nutshell anything with USB C Power Delivery (PD) with a wattage of 15+ will sort you out.
Thanks, I'll have a look

Permabanned
OP
There really is no point in posting like this, most people will hit the first paragraph and stop reading, it just comes across as a google blog which is not what this forum is about...sorry :( post your experiences.

In my experience, users like to know what is ahead as well as what is behind. I think a Community also should be about how products and ideas (hardware and software) will benefit us to be more productive and satisfied.

Soldato
It's so open though, this thread is specifically about the pixel XL 2 not about Google's plans for moving forward. Google are not alone in what they are doing but I'm in this thread to wax lyrical about my pixel XL 2 ;)

* And how bad googles predictive text is

Soldato
In my experience, users like to know what is ahead as well as what is behind. I think a Community also should be about how products and ideas (hardware and software) will benefit us to be more productive and satisfied.

I'd probably read your post if it actually read like someone posting on a forum though, not a press release.

Soldato
Yeh sorry sesevans but your posts just seem like those unwanted ads that you see on forums inbetween messages given the way they are written/structured.

Back
Top Bottom