Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Caporegime
While some of it is true, then why has the pro gamers even commented with 144Hz displays and higher, they have the edge peeking around corners while it remains clear and quicker input versus a 60Hz display. There are Youtube videos on it. Just like a good pair of headphones, hearing someone creep about but that is only as good as the persons skill for audio cues. As well as being familiar with a specific games sound engine.

Still, the majority of gamers only play for fun. Or do they? “Get Rekt!”

I’d agree with you on the mouse/keyboard point. The majority of keyboards and mice are more or less the same. Preference in switches etc and gaming mice, the sensors are more or less the same bar comfort.

Crazy how you hear so many that own 12+ gaming mice within 6 months or so and they aren’t pro.

obviously 144hz is better than 60fps. a top tier player can take advantage of the fact his screen refreshed quicker than his opponents did.

stick 2 low skill players one on 60 hz and one on 144hz and it won't make much different. like i said before tick rate does the same thing in destiny 1, you get a lot of trades because the server takes so long to refresh. so in the time the high skiller has refreshed he's already seen his opponent and starting to line up a shot. now the other guy using 60 hz has only just seen his opponent and reacts later.

60hz is still plenty fast IMO. it won't make a huge difference to 50% of players going up to 144hz. the top 15% will be able to make some difference. the biggest effect it will have is on the top 1-3% going up to 144hz from 60hz.

V F

V F

Soldato
obviously 144hz is better than 60fps. a top tier player can take advantage of the fact his screen refreshed quicker than his opponents did.

stick 2 low skill players one on 60 hz and one on 144hz and it won't make much different. like i said before tick rate does the same thing in destiny 1, you get a lot of trades because the server takes so long to refresh. so in the time the high skiller has refreshed he's already seen his opponent and starting to line up a shot. now the other guy using 60 hz has only just seen his opponent and reacts later.

60hz is still plenty fast IMO. it won't make a huge difference to 50% of players going up to 144hz. the top 15% will be able to make some difference. the biggest effect it will have is on the top 1-3% going up to 144hz from 60hz.

Mostly everyone I’ve read even for Quake that had 144Hz was so much better for mouse tracking versus a 60Hz display.

Caporegime
Mostly everyone I’ve read even for Quake that had 144Hz was so much better for mouse tracking versus a 60Hz display.

Oh yeah it's brilliant. However not everyone can turn it into a large advantage over 60hz. I've went from 30fps (console) to 60hz and then 144hz in the past year.

The biggest difference was between 30 and 60. I can still see the difference between 60 and 144 it's a lot smoother but law of diminishing returns kicks in at some point. Only the best can really take advantage of it. We mere mortals can only appreciate some aspects of it.

Soldato
Mice vary even the cable matters, some might share the same sensor but even the small things matter there I think. A few people are switching to 250hz monitors, I found 144hz is probably needed by anyone at any rank. I dont think there are any completely casual comp games now, used to be nothing mattered beyond bare basics in some games. Fibre over DSL if you can, they are all small effects perhaps but together its big

Coach Anders will learn you good
https://youtu.be/mW_HuUfttZY?t=419
Bounce the flash on the lip or ramp area works, entry into B doors on D2 for example

Average eDPI for the HLTV top 20 players of 2017 is 896.8 Average sens is 2.242 (using 400 dpi).

Source: Liquipedia enjoy your useless knowledge ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone know what could be causing a 1-2 second stutter (framerate doesn't drop at all, but ping spikes) that occurs only 1-3 times a game? It's not a massive problem, but it always seem to happen when I'm about to walk round a corner and face an enemy, which means I end up dying because I can no longer aim properly.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh yeah it's brilliant. However not everyone can turn it into a large advantage over 60hz. I've went from 30fps (console) to 60hz and then 144hz in the past year.

The biggest difference was between 30 and 60. I can still see the difference between 60 and 144 it's a lot smoother but law of diminishing returns kicks in at some point. Only the best can really take advantage of it. We mere mortals can only appreciate some aspects of it.

Awwww!

Soldato
Its not exactly but at least then at a glance we know you are from ocuk not some random sending bad trade requests. I'll bump again on Tues for the scrims, usually a few in a row and mixed ranks a lot more friendly then esea etc

Last edited:
Soldato
IEM Final Flusha is soooooo suspect i cant even count how many times he rubbed his nose after those absolutely perfectly timed double aces. He's never even elated after these amazing plays he just goes straight to touch his nose :confused:

Soldato
The final map was one of the best I've ever seen, it even tops the Cloud9 inferno win over FaZe. Flusha and KRIMZ went off.

Associate
Decided to give this another go today, but my FPS seems unusually low (~110) - GPU & CPU usage is sitting around 30% which doesn't seem right? Not sure what to try really, have verified the game cache and tried changing to native res but makes no difference... all my other games seem to be running fine :confused:

Soldato
Is there anyway to force Cs go into supporting ultra wide res right, 2560x1080 once in a match the buy menu etc is not right, can't see all the stuff correctly.

Back
Top Bottom