What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Haven't been on the bike in ages. Today was MOT and a little blast.

It was a little damp on the roads from yesterdays rain but the temperature was fine.

Got back home at lunch time, took one look at the bike, sighed and dragged out the pressure washer .... the roads are still disgusting.

Associate
I charged the battery, ready for end of feb... It's snowing so I somehow doubt i'll get to ride much end of feb but one can hope! Battery was pretty low 13ish and took a whole day to get to 14.1, hopefully that's not a sign it's gone, only replaced it a year and a bit ago.

Nah, 13V is fine, especially if it's been sitting for more than a few days. Most chargers will take a while to top up the last few volts to avoid gassing.

Associate
Good to know, when it comes to batteries I'm a bit on the paranoid side! It's been sitting in the cold for a while and saddly got no way to tether it in the underground (shared) garage. Will try keep it indoors and charged for a while longer :)

Just a thought- £100 or so will get you a solar rig with enough juice to keep a couple of bikes topped up.

Associate
I've also just charged my battery getting it ready to be traded in for something new the end of March probably, just trying to decide on what to go for next now.

Associate
What are you looking for in a new bike?

I'm into naked bikes mainly, I haven't been riding all that long (about 2 years) I'd class myself as a fair weather rider :D So mainly road riding, I live in the northwest so day trips into Wales, Peak District, Lake District are my go to at weekends though I'm also not to far from Oulton Park so have looked at maybe trying out some track days to gain more riding experience. Also thought of doing some light touring of Scotland this year possibly the NC500.

I've been looking at an Mt-09 or a Street Triple RS, I know the RS is by far the better bike and a better comparison would be the R or MT-09 SP which are more road focused bikes of a similar price but I look at what you get for the extra £1000 on the RS and I'm just drawn more towards it.

No decisions made yet though.

Man of Honour
An older street triple 675R is leagues ahead of the MT-09. Even the SP model is lacking in suspension as the front forks are the same as the standard model.

The street triple rs is lacking in the electronics for the new price but the suspension, chassis, brakes, power to weight ratio, and character are flawless. I nearly bought one instead of the MT-10 for £7600 with 9000 km.

Associate
An older street triple 675R is leagues ahead of the MT-09. Even the SP model is lacking in suspension as the front forks are the same as the standard model.
The street triple rs is lacking in the electronics for the new price but the suspension, chassis, brakes, power to weight ratio, and character are flawless. I nearly bought one instead of the MT-10 for £7600 with 9000 km.

The MT-09SP addresses the main problem (the shock) with an Ohlins, and the forks are also new and fully adjustable. Having said all that, I'd still buy the base model instead and sort it.

Having owned a 675 (and tried the 765), I'd consider one over the MT if it was going to be my only bike, especially if it involved track work, but I'd always be missing the MT-09's torque (especially against the 675) and sheer silliness. Oh, and the flames :D

Ride both.

Associate
I did ride an MT-09 a few months ago and really enjoyed it, just seemed like a really fun bike, I'd also go for the base model as I don't like the colour scheme of the SP model.

As for the RS I've not ridden one yet but plan on changing that once we get some better weather, I haven't considered the 675R because honestly I don't like the look of it, I really prefer the look of the newer model.

I think if I went for the MT I'd have it for a couple of years before changing it but if I went for the RS I'd plan on keeping it for a long time.

Man of Honour
The MT-09SP addresses the main problem (the shock) with an Ohlins, and the forks are also new and fully adjustable. Having said all that, I'd still buy the base model instead and sort it.

Having owned a 675 (and tried the 765), I'd consider one over the MT if it was going to be my only bike, especially if it involved track work, but I'd always be missing the MT-09's torque (especially against the 675) and sheer silliness. Oh, and the flames :D

Ride both.

All the reports I've seen say the front forks are not an improvement. I haven't personally tried the SP though.

I completely get the sheer silliness aspect :)

Soldato
MOTed my CBR600FX.

Need to strip the panels off ideally, clean the bike and reattach the fairing correctly as some bolts are missing. It was a job that I was going to do over the winter but no heating or light in the garage turned out to be rather restricting. I'll wait until summer when I no longer have uni.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Spent the day fitting some Brembo GP4s and RCS MC to the R1, literally transformed the bike, loads more feel, the stopping power is just savage and they look good too.

FAyMiFP.jpg
D4JfWDO.jpg
wGqiENw.jpg
Bruv dat insta filter is overkill...

The 2012+ Street looks better than MT09, but only with the little screen and bellypan. Without it... just No. :o

This with a racefit stubby would look ace, black doesn't look too bad either. :cool:
2016-_Triumph-_Stre8679780et-_Triple-_R-_LTR-12-850x567.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom