KFC chicken 'crisis': Met Police called over fast food chain's chicken 'drought'

V F

V F

Soldato
Blessing in disguise, stuff is gross anyway (I lie it tastes amazing but I swore off takeaways some years ago...).

I find it bizarre how most peoples diets is fast food these days. By all means have a treat here and there but not when it’s your everyday meals. I know of many people getting chinese twice a day. How they never get sick of it I’ll never know.

Soldato
I always eat wheatabix for breakfast. Very healthy start to the day. I might then have a tuna sandwich for lunch, maybe with a fruit yoghurt, again very healthy. Then come the evening I'm ordering fast food from one of my local takeaways or eating some ready meal I've bought. So I guess if I skipped the takeaway's and ready meals I'd have a very healthy diet. Trouble is, food deemed to be unhealthy due to too much fat or sugar or whatever just tastes too damn nice. Still I must be doing something right as I'm at the right weight for my height.

Soldato
I always eat wheatabix for breakfast. Very healthy start to the day. I might then have a tuna sandwich for lunch, maybe with a fruit yoghurt, again very healthy. Then come the evening I'm ordering fast food from one of my local takeaways or eating some ready meal I've bought. So I guess if I skipped the takeaway's and ready meals I'd have a very healthy diet. Trouble is, food deemed to be unhealthy due to too much fat or sugar or whatever just tastes too damn nice. Still I must be doing something right as I'm at the right weight for my height.

Yeah but 90% of your body weight is made up of arterial plaque :D. I can't talk, I had a Grand Big Mac last night and I'm pretty sure that constitutes an entire families allowance of sugar salt fat and calories.

Soldato
I know of many people getting chinese twice a day. How they never get sick of it I’ll never know.
Have you ever, like, seen a Chinese take-away menu?
They have, like, LOADS of different things on there... like, three or four times what, like, McDonalds have.... like..... :D

Soldato
Most list every dish under headings for each meat, instead of having a single row per dish, with columns for meat. that bulks it out a lot.
But like, that's like, still five or six meats, times ten different styles, with like, five different rices and three noodles and extras.... and probably 2 or 3 veggie versions of each. Then you have all the starters and sides and foo yung omelettey things.... thats like, a hundred million billion combinations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

Soldato
Can't just be me that wonders why they would have gone in uniform, surely better to have gone in casual clothes?

I've seen a relatively expensive indian place in MK doing their shopping in Sainsburys before too, doesn't really bother me as it's not the ingredients you're paying for when you go out for a meal.
Chicken from Asda and other supermarkets is pretty expensive when compared to wholesale prices.

Soldato
I find it bizarre how most peoples diets is fast food these days..

Not just these days.

Fish and Chips became popular during the industrial revolution as a result of being a way of providing large quantities of reasonably priced nutritious food for large and relatively poor urban industrial working populations.

The next staple down (For people who couldn't afford fish and chips) was bread and jam, which was consumed in vast quantities.

The whole point about "Supersize Me" is that the Golden Arches really is the primary source of daily food for very large numbers of Americans.

It may be killing them slowly, but it not only tastes good (Yes it does. A great deal of effort is put into engineering it to be irresistible, and the engineering pays off) It is also stupidly cheap...

The cost/benefit trade off for fast food is less dramatic in the UK, (Food has always been very cheap in the US) but the numbers of people who hardly ever actually cook for themselves is growing rapidly. Even if it isn't MacD's, it is supermarket micro-meals.

And many of them are not really that much better. I can commend to you the book Swallow This

Soldato

Wheatabix with what? Hope that’s skimmed milk.

Tuna sandwich, nope, bread is bad for you. Is it buttered? Mayonnaise? All extremely calorific.

Fruit yoghurt, nope calorific once again unless low fat variant and if it’s fruit based it’ll be full of sugar.

Man of Honour
Tuna sandwich, nope, bread is bad for you. Is it buttered? Mayonnaise? All extremely calorific.

A lot of bread isn't good for you at all - but you can get some stuff that isn't too unhealthy - I use a baguette type thing when having tuna which is reasonably healthy and you can get spreads that are high in Omega 3, etc. to go with. Calories on their own aren't bad for you.

Soldato
Wheatabix with what? Hope that’s skimmed milk.

Fruit yoghurt, nope calorific once again unless low fat variant and if it’s fruit based it’ll be full of sugar.

Since when is bread, tuna and yoghurt bad for lmao! It's brown bread unbuttered and yes I do have mayo mixed with the tuna but only a little. And Wheatabix with skimmed milk is very healthy. Thankfully you're not my dietitian as it sounds like you'd have me on a diet of distilled water and Brussel sprouts lol.

Back
Top Bottom