Weight loss target: -3.5 stone in 5 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Didn't want to crap up the other guy's recent thread who made some amazing losses in just over a year. Guy lost 14 stone something in a smidgen over 12 months. That's frankly a Herculean effort, which I'm not attempting to replicate.

I'm posting this before starting on this journey, because it's more fun this way! Will I achieve, won't I?

Unlike the £50k thread (oft quoted/mocked) I actually plan to see this one through. But... I look forward to the "You'll quit," "Never do it" posts, and in fact welcome them! Be mean, people! Be heartless. It can be like a roast! Hmmmm, turkey roast.

Feel free to post anything from advice to mockery in this thread, which I will update (at the very least) after 5 months with my new weight of 11 stone.

Day 0: 14.5 stone; 38' waist.

Associate
If you don’t go to the gym at least walk or cycle. 30 mins (preferably an hour) per day would be good.

How tall are you?

I need to lose a stone to a stone and a half as I’ve let my exercise slip since getting a car.

Soldato
Why do you want to lose that much weight and that quickly? (over half a stone a month).

Without any exercise you will look (no muscle) and feel (no calories) terrible after it.. Good luck.

Caporegime
OP
Why do you want to lose that much weight ...
11 stone for 5'9 is a good weight, given that I have very little muscle mass making up that figure. I don't particularly want to be buff but I would like to be agile/spritely.

... and that quickly? (over half a stone a month).

Without any exercise you will look (no muscle) and feel (no calories) terrible after it.. Good luck.
Why hang about...? I need to get it off for summer so I don't feel so much like a human slug.

Soldato
Don't see it as a diet, see it as a lifestyle change, otherwise you'll probably get down to your target weight then pile it all on again.Been there, done that.

Caporegime
OP
Water fasting will have fat melt off you.
Takes a lot of mental fortitude to pull off though.
I'm doing alternate day fasting, which I've tried before with some success. Starting with your evening meal, you eat three meals, skip three meals, eat three meals, skip three meals... you always eat at least one meal a day, but in a 48 hour period you fast for 24 hours.
Liver cancer. Can't beat it.
Thanks but I'll pass (hopefully!)

Soldato
You should really post about these things once you've achieved them, opening yourself up to nothing but pain :p

Also the psychological effect is that talking to others about how you're going to do this / that is that it gives you a feel good factor about the things you are "going" to do even though you haven't done anything. Talk about your achievements once you have achieved them and earn that nice warm feeling. ;)

Permabanned
I lost 2 stone in 2 months eating only:

breakfast: eggs
lunch: lettuce/egg/ham/cucumber
dinner: chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot

I used a mental trick of reprogramming myself to HATE the food companies. I'd see sugar/carbs and treat them as if they were trying to scam me.

of course then I got bored and put it back on again over about a year.

Man of Honour
Challenge accepted OP - I want to lose 2 stone by September. Should be a doddle really as I’ve been drinking like a fish and generally eating like a grade A fatty. Just a bit more walking, regular gym and smaller portions should see me through. I got on board the carb backloading fad back in the day and got really quite learn... but went loopy, never again with the extreme diets.

All of that said - I’ve just finished a bottle of red and plan to have a cheese and wine night tomorrow :D

Edit - 3.5 stone over 5 months is extremely ambitious if you want to make it sustainable and aren’t already living a relatively healthy life style. Do a couple of months of light / regular exercise to get your body prepped and then get on the HIIT! I’m too fat for HIIT now I’d just injure myself :o :o :o slight exaggeration but it’s annoying having the will power to work hard and overdoing it leading to injury.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I lost 2 stone in 2 months eating only:

breakfast: eggs
lunch: lettuce/egg/ham/cucumber
dinner: chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot

I used a mental trick of reprogramming myself to HATE the food companies. I'd see sugar/carbs and treat them as if they were trying to scam me.

of course then I got bored and put it back on again over about a year.

I did fruit for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and meat and veg for dinner.

I ate a bit of rice couple times a week and a square of dark chocolate when I wanted to but I stayed away from all junk food.

I want to lose 2 stone by September...new challenge set, did it once, I can do it again.

Associate
I lost the best part of 3 stone in about 6 months a long time back.
I changed my diet considerably (all the usual things) and hit the gym, did a modest amount of cardio but spent most of the time on free weights.
Eventually pushed 20+kilos, went down to 13 stone dead - but couldnt keep it there, part of that was down to building more mass with the weights though as i was doing a lot of bench and squats ect..

Stopped with all that crap after my back played up and left me with sciatica ever since so back to 17 stone :( however it is indeed possible to loose buckets of weight in a shortish amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom