So a visit to Harley showroom

Soldato
Hey guys

Decided I wanted a Harley recently so decided to go across to Harley Davidson in Nottingham.

Test rode the Harley Iron first, followed by the Street Rod.

I really liked the Iron and it’s low down grunt and even though it wasn’t the quickest I loved it’s character. I felt good riding the bike.

Then I took out the Street Rod which blew me away, very similar to the MT07 I passed on but was super quick nimble and still felt and looked fantastic.

The problem is, I think the sportster is More traditional Harley.

Basically I’m properly stuck. Street Rod is cheaper, faster and still looks beauty.

Iron is traditional Harley and looks incredible.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Btw I own a ZX6R which if I got the Iron would stay but I think if I got the street rod it could go....

Soldato
OP
Caporegime
I'd definitely go used, the depreciation is already a killer on Harleys but with their impending doom possibly looming, you'll definitely want to try and cover yourself as much as possible from it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/harley-trouble-profit-sales-down-kansas-plant-shut
https://www.yahoo.com/news/harley-davidson-closes-down-kansas-133345429.html

For me this'd be the iron all day long.

https://auto.ndtv.com/compare-bikes/harley-davidson-street-rod-1333-vs-harley-davidson-iron-883-1185

Soldato
Do keep in mind that Harley are seriously teetering on the edge of bankruptcy so residual value and eventually parts availability might become a problem.

Where did you here this ? the exact same quote was used when this was true in the 80s.

Soldato
OP
Harley have increased the price of the Iron to 8895 presume as new model is out / about to come out but my dealership still has brand new couple of month old models at 7995 with a 500 contribution towards a load of accessories so buying new in that case doesn't seem too bad?

Soldato
OP
hehe there always in the **** but seem to survive.

Pls help with my choice lol. So torn

Head and wallet says Street Rod, still looks pretty badass was the bike I originally went to see before introduced to the Iron, to me it’s a great value bike and entry into HD

Heart and logic out the window says Iron, classic Harley looks not as much go as the Rod could that get annoying after time?

The rod is similar to what I’m used to coming from a super sports but still has the Harley essence.

So yea I’m no closer lol and I spent over an hour on each bike.

The iron had me giggling because well it’s classic Harley

The streetrod had me giggling because it is bloody quick and still a bit Harley

Soldato
Pls help with my choice lol. So torn

Head and wallet says Street Rod, still looks pretty badass was the bike I originally went to see before introduced to the Iron, to me it’s a great value bike and entry into HD

Heart and logic out the window says Iron, classic Harley looks not as much go as the Rod could that get annoying after time?

The rod is similar to what I’m used to coming from a super sports but still has the Harley essence.

So yea I’m no closer lol and I spent over an hour on each bike.

The iron had me giggling because well it’s classic Harley

The streetrod had me giggling because it is bloody quick and still a bit Harley

If your buying into the HD scene it's obvious don't you think ?

I know many friends with HDs but not my cup of tea but I was tempted with buell 5 or 6 years ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have an Iron, it's ok, some of the materials used to make it aren't the best and the paint is really thinner than I would like. If you have it out in the wet at all dry it, quickly, mine tarnished and surface rusted after a few weeks. I think the sportster looks a lot better than the Street, Street looks a little meh and uninspired to me. I'm buying an Indian after this Harley.

Back
Top Bottom