Winter 2017/2018 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Where you to?

I keep hearing the south on Friday looks like it could get blizzards as the rain and wind moves up from France, but I expect that to be rain here then turn to snow as it pushes up past maybe Winchester/Andover. Thats what usually happens. Sucks down here for snow. We cant even get it when its forecasted haha.

Might round up family in the car and drive to it on Saturday just to savior it for once.

Looking at the current BBC map it's definitely going to be snow rather than rain. Huge wave coming from the south and it's looking like heavy snow all day Thursday. Met Office also saying heavy snow is expected now.

Man of Honour
Arpege which is usually accurate for snow is showing Thursday as being sustained light snow pretty much all day for most of the Midlands, South, South West except Cornwall and South East moving into Wales and creeping North towards the end of the day.

Its coming off that low from France though with the Easterly flow slowing fading throughout that so it will probably be pretty short lived snow.

Soldato
Not sure they know at all what is going to happen seems pretty up in the air.. met office forecast for Suffolk Coast over the past 0 - 48 hours has swung from some snow to a lot of snow; back and forth every couple of hours.

Man of Honour
I’m a little nervous for driving either Thursday evening or Friday morning to the airport. It’s 120miles.

Can only go by current forecasts but I'd probably try and get on early Thursday if possible - not looking like its going to be enough to stop flights at this point as its probably going to be light powdery snow but looks like its going to be sustained though light snow throughout Thursday so later on might have built up enough to make roads more of a question mark.

At the moment though anything past 72 hours is very subject to change.

Caporegime
Can only go by current forecasts but I'd probably try and get on early Thursday if possible - not looking like its going to be enough to stop flights at this point as its probably going to be light powdery snow but looks like its going to be sustained though light snow throughout Thursday so later on might have built up enough to make roads more of a question mark.

At the moment though anything past 72 hours is very subject to change.

I can’t leave until at least 5pm on Thursday, then stay with my friend who lives close to the airport and leave early Friday morning to Heathrow. Probably best to do the 90% of the journey the day before, the freeze overnight won’t help matters if I leave Friday morning.

Soldato
I will be on nightshift Thursday night bloody hope I can get home current predictions from BBC is light snow from 4pm Thursday straight through to 10am Friday :eek:

If that happens no doubt it will be horrendous praying for a change in 72 hours. :(

Man of Honour
I will be on nightshift Thursday night bloody hope I can get home current predictions from BBC is light snow from 4pm Thursday straight through to 10am Friday :eek:

If that happens no doubt it will be horrendous praying for a change in 72 hours. :(

I'm on nights tonight then off until Friday :) hopefully it snows enough over Thursday/Friday work is closed Friday night heh.

Soldato
Looking at the current BBC map it's definitely going to be snow rather than rain. Huge wave coming from the south and it's looking like heavy snow all day Thursday. Met Office also saying heavy snow is expected now.

We'll see. A few days ago they were saying south and east to get hit bad first, now its looking like we wont get any. And Thursday still a long way off, Ive a feeling the warm front pushes up and sits over us giving us drizzle all day and 20 miles north get 4 inches of snow.

EDIT* is this what you saw dazza? "blizzards for the south, could be at this point" 2m20s onwards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/43192715

Last edited:
Soldato
We'll see. A few days ago they were saying south and east to get hit bad first, now its looking like we wont get any. And Thursday still a long way off, Ive a feeling the warm front pushes up and sits over us giving us drizzle all day and 20 miles north get 4 inches of snow.

EDIT* is this what you saw dazza? "blizzards for the south, could be at this point" 2m20s onwards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/43192715

I looked at the map for here - massive wave of it coming from the channel.

Man of Honour
Nada here dry as I've ever known it - so much so its struggling to come up with a frost :s only down to -3C though easily feels like -10C out.

Soldato
Thursday really looking like the main event down here in south. Although thats already starting to look less likely than how they were reporting it last night so i guess come tomorrow will change again to no snow haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom