Huawei mate 10

Associate
Can anyone comment on if the camera is better on this (pro version) than the OnePlus 5T.
Cheers.

From experience with using both phones, the Mate 10 has the better camera - but it needs tweaking within the settings here & there to achieve the best possible picture. Photos with it set to everything on auto can at times appear over exposed and generate a lot of noise in certain environments. To be fair, the OnePlus 5T is not far off and is definitely easier to use as a box standard camera with everything set to auto, the one thing that bugged me a bit with the Mate 10 was the amount of settings and expert tweaks it comes with - a lot of which new owners will need to take time to understand them properly.

Liam.

Permabanned
They need to roll out the next update for this damn thing.

My battery drain at the moment is horrendously poor, at least once a day it freezes up during a task for 5-10 seconds and the unintentional screen brightness adjustment is maddening!

If these things don't get sorted then I'm out. Really starting to miss my OP5 :(

Man of Honour
Is it possible to get the Mate 10 in the uk? Not the Pro model.

Other half trashed her S7 the other day so on the lookout for a new phone for her. Pro looked good until spotting it had no SD or 3.5mm.

Associate
Is it possible to get the Mate 10 in the uk? Not the Pro model.

Other half trashed her S7 the other day so on the lookout for a new phone for her. Pro looked good until spotting it had no SD or 3.5mm.

You have to import it. Don't think it's worth the risk considering you won't get full 2 year EU warranty with it.

https://www.mobicity.co.uk/products/huawei-mate-10-dual-64gb-4g-lte-black-alp-l29-unlocked

12 month warranty but people have reported extremely long repair times

Soldato
I think it's a lovely phone really pleased with it. Looks fantastic , good size. Love the camera It's a snappy phone , quicker than my N8. My only real concern is the smoothness of some of the apps. I tried different launchers and found amazingly using Nova launcher it's really choppy. Even with the one I have settled for apps like Facebook don't scroll smoothly, same with chrome. I use alternative Facebook app and no issues, same with browsers. I guess they need to optimise.

I think it's a lovely phone really pleased with it. Looks fantastic , good size. Love the camera It's a snappy phone , quicker than my N8. My only real concern is the smoothness of some of the apps. I tried different launchers and found amazingly using Nova launcher it's really choppy. Even with the one I have settled for apps like Facebook don't scroll smoothly, same with chrome. I use alternative Facebook app and no issues, same with browsers. I guess they need to optimise.

I know what you mean, I've had a couple of mid-range Huawei phone now and the scrolling in certain Apps was very janky compared to other mid-range phones, for example my GF has an Xperia XA1 Ultra and that only has a P20 chip in it and it was way smoother at scrolling, it's sad to hear this is still the case even with the Mate 10 Pro, I just don't think they optimize their phones well, little things like how smooth the animations and scrolling are can really effect the overall feeling of a phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sold my Mate 10 to buy the OP5T and now I'm missing the extremely versatile camera.

Am now considering the Mate 10 Pro for its AMOLED screen.

To anyone with a Mate 10 Pro how frequently have Huawei updated the phone and what month security patch are they on? As they were very few updates when I had the Mate 10 and it was still on the December security patch.

Thanks

Soldato
Sold my Mate 10 to buy the OP5T and now I'm missing the extremely versatile camera.

Am now considering the Mate 10 Pro for its AMOLED screen.

To anyone with a Mate 10 Pro how frequently have Huawei updated the phone and what month security patch are they on? As they were very few updates when I had the Mate 10 and it was still on the December security patch.

Thanks

Ive had my mate 10 pro since december and i've had 2 updates since, last one was last week. Currently on Jan security patch.

Soldato
I think you can get an international version with dual SIM but mate 10s native on these shores are single SIM.

Thank you. I thought as much having looked on the Huawei UK website it said single SIM. So will have to do what I did previously when I bought the Mate 10 and get the International Version of the Pro.

I just don't get why Huawei don't sell dual sim devices here....

Back
Top Bottom