The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Damn that looks tasty.

It was alright, I was highly disappointed by the M&S 'premium' bacon though, hardly any flavour.
Mushrooms, Bacon, Black pudding, fried egg, and HP sauce.. which they may have changed the recipe for too as it seems to be lighter in colour than I remember.

Associate
Hmm not sure about and omelette sarnie. Half the fun of these creations is having the runny yolk which will be missing from an omelette!

You also need to be careful with triple-deckers, especially if using a thicker loaf, and heaven forbid, not zero-day fresh bread. The last thing you want is the bread taking over and losing the lovely lovely bacon and eggs in the ensemble.
Tread carefully!!

Soldato
I agree with the runny yolk, although I often break it during assembling the sandwich so I don't end up with super messy hands.
edit: on and with the bread I lightly toast it for this type of sandwich.

An excess of bread and bacon means I get to do more triple sandwiches. BLT anyone?

SOPJxMql.jpg

Soldato
Been trying to post this since lunchtime. PC went on the fritz. Finally working again. I went to McDonalds today to try out a menu hack that I saw on Twitter. Its a fairly simple build.

0gz0Fc.jpg

At 10.25 you order a bacon and egg mcmuffin and a hash brown. Get some BBQ sauce while your at it. Drink is of course optional :D

oPRSJf.jpg

Then at 10.30 when the breakfast menu changes to the regular one you order a plain Quarter pounder with cheese. You add the hash brown and the egg and bacon from the mcmuffin to the burger, then top it with the BBQ sauce.

RCC6MF.jpg

Et voilà! The McDonalds Australia Big Brekkie Burger. I really enjoyed this a lot! A bit expensive to make, but it went down a treat. I hope someday McDonalds UK make the Big Brekkie Burger a part of their official menu :)

Soldato
Is that what they call a McGangBang?

Haha, no. A McGangBang is a McChicken stuck into the middle of a double cheeseburger. What I made is reproduction of a real burger sold at McDonalds in Australia.

It may not look that pretty, but I enjoyed it very much. The hash brown, egg and bacon all worked really well with the burger :)

Soldato
Could do the same with a regular hamburger to save on cost (and calorie) ?

*shrug* The menu hack said to use a quarter pounder. I suppose because its bigger, which accommodates the other stuff being piled on top easier than a normal burger would.

Wow you must love mcD, the effort to get that.

I like McDonalds, though I don't eat there often. Honestly I was just curious to try it because it looked nice. And since I had the day off work I thought "why the heck not?" Didn't really take any real effort. Only effort was timing the visit so I could place the two orders side by side as breakfast was ending.

Caporegime
I’m with Craig. So much rubbish is posted from food snobs about McDonald’s. I love it. I don’t have it every day, it’s a treat every few days and it always goes down well. That menu hack burger looks very good indeed.

Caporegime
A treat every few days? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have a heart condition also?

I go to McDonalds maybe twice a year, if I'm on a stag do or something and it's always awful, I guess once you get accustomed to eating it regularly you can tell yourself it's nice due to the sodium and fat overload.

Caporegime
A treat every few days? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have a heart condition also?

I go to McDonalds maybe twice a year, if I'm on a stag do or something and it's always awful, I guess once you get accustomed to eating it regularly you can tell yourself it's nice due to the sodium and fat overload.
Sorry, I meant weeks, don’t know I put days. Anyway I doubt even two McDonald’s a week would be that damaging when paired with an otherwise healthy diet.

I prefer my own burgers anyway as I have an awesome burger sauce recipe. It’s the following:

Half a cup of mayo
Half a cup of tomato ketchup
A tablespoon of French’s New York deli pickle relish (this gives it the Big Mac sauce gherkin taste)
Tablespoon of minced onion
Two teaspoons of white vinegar (gives the tang you get with Big Mac sauce)
Half teaspoon of sugar

Make in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight before using. Imo, it’s better than Big Mac sauce.

Soldato
I do like McDonalds, but its fairly rare that I eat there. If I'm in the mood for a good burger I'd much rather go to a place like Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Handmade Burger Co or Bread Meats Bread. They all do much better varieties of burgers. Plus the rewards app with GBK is always giving me freebies to use.

Back
Top Bottom