The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Associate
I really enjoyed this weeks show, and dare I say it, it was better than anything the Grand Tour produced this year. I will caveat that statement by saying that I skip the celeb and "news" sections of both show and just watch the features. Top Gear felt more polished and less try hard than its amazonian rival, yeah Rory is a bit of a prat, but he creates much better T.V. than watching 3 rapidly aging men play poorly written caricatures of themselves.

Soldato
I really enjoyed this weeks show, and dare I say it, it was better than anything the Grand Tour produced this year. I will caveat that statement by saying that I skip the celeb and "news" sections of both show and just watch the features. Top Gear felt more polished and less try hard than its amazonian rival, yeah Rory is a bit of a prat, but he creates much better T.V. than watching 3 rapidly aging men play poorly written caricatures of themselves.

+1 probably not a popular opinion but that was my thoughts also.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The bit with Sabine killed me off hahaha! She was hilarious, and poor Chris getting battered had me in stitches!

There was one shot during the whole Block chase bit that showed just how great a driver Chris is, it was an iternal shot of a long held slide around a corner - absolutely amazing

Soldato
As a tribute to the V8, I think old Top Gear would have done it better... however I am warming to new Top Gear. Def better than GT.

I think I've decided my next car has to be a V8 before it all goes hybrid/electric. I've had two, but the next one needs to be a real monster. Sadly they don't sell the Mustang 350 or R in the UK. Means I'll probably look towards AMG.

As mentioned, I think Rory is trying too hard. He needs to chill a bit.

Get an AMG if you want to handle round corners.

It’ll be better built too.

Mustang is pony.

Caporegime
I really enjoyed this weeks show, and dare I say it, it was better than anything the Grand Tour produced this year.

Yeah, this. Also TG's celebrity bits are quite good unlike the utter drek on the Tour. Sabine is great as well. I think it's time to drop the Stig facade though and (1) give the driver the credit they deserve, and (2) have a driver they can actually talk to about the cars.

Caporegime
Enjoyed the McLaren section in tonight's episode. More of this and less of the poorly acted comedy please.

Odd he didn't mention that when he lapped portimau with the P1 last time (with the Porsche etc) he did it in 1 minute and 51.78 seconds.

Thus 3 that's three seconds faster than tonight, and 3.5 faster than the 720S.

Man of Honour
Enjoyed the McLaren section in tonight's episode. More of this and less of the poorly acted comedy please.
Pretty much my view. Le Blanc has little natural comedy, he is as we know an actor and when in studio without a script he is rubbish frankly. I find myself not watching it much, it's on but it doesn't seem to hold my attention and I find the dialogue poor. I think the forced laughing of the studio or frankly lack of audience interaction is quite telling.

I'd rather have it than not, but not warming to it still, feel it might have gone back a bit this series (IT IS NOT AND NEVER EVER WILL BE SEASON).

Back
Top Bottom