Winter 2017/2018 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Work are taking things one day at a time - though they have just put up the schedules for Thursday/Friday after holding them a day (would normally have been in with Tues/Wed updates).

If the predictions are right though can't see Thursday/Friday going ahead as part of the work is right in the thick of it.

Soldato
No snow but -4c here in Liverpool and dropping.

Screw you Thermodynamics, lakes are frozen over except were the water fountain is, but I expect that will be frozen in the morning.

I might sleep in the fridge tonight as its warmer. :p

Soldato
Sad local news here, a man in his 60’s has died after going into the Danson Park lake to rescue his dog. He was pulled from the lake alive and airlifted to hospital, but died a short while later :(

Just read that, did he get trapped under ice? Or maybe cardiac arrest when he hit the freezing water.

Soldato
A good 150mm here with more forecast. The cold weather really makes you feel alive, it's wonderful!
I find it so invigorating.

Soldato
Suffolk coast has been fun last couple of days; most snow I have seen here as an adult.. pretty sure in the late 70's / early 80's we had more but got around 18-20cm this evening generally; deeper in the drifts where the sun didn't get to it this afternoon.

Forecasting has been disappointing; both Met & BBC have been consistently wrong with when it will snow and way out on the temperatures.. last two nights we have dropped to -8c and already at -7c tonight so going to be another very cold one.

Soldato
Suffolk coast has been fun last couple of days; most snow I have seen here as an adult.. pretty sure in the late 70's / early 80's we had more but got around 18-20cm this evening where the sun didn't get to it this afternoon.

Forecasting has been disappointing; both Met & BBC have been consistently wrong with when it will snow and way out on the temperatures.. last two nights we have dropped to -8c and already at -7c tonight so going to be another very cold one.
I am from near there I use netweather.tv forecasting has been spot on, the radar Api is excellent.

Man of Honour
I am from near there I use netweather.tv forecasting has been spot on, the radar Api is excellent.

Showing for me almost constant, though light, snow from a bit later on today through until it goes above 0C Saturday morning - which is slightly at odds with other forecasts which are patchier and so far no signs of snow showers today.

Soldato
Netweather.tv shows consistent heavy snowfall from 9pm till 6am for my area at 95%. Then a break till 3pm then same again right through till Saturday :eek: can’t see it being that consistent but time will tell.
They update quite regularly so worth checking back and click on the for example 1800-2100 it breaks down to hourly as well

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Had a good 4" where I am in Huddersfield, other side of town up on the hills have had a good 6"+

AfCAFox.jpg

Some shenanigans out on the street where a couple of vans and a car all got stuck and spent about an hour trying to get some traction before finally escaping :D

sDvOd9o.jpg

Associate
Just went to the supermarket for a few bits. People have literally cleared the shelves of bread and milk. It's like they think the snow is the harbinger of the apocalypse!

Soldato
I stocked up on essentials last weekend, we have known this was coming for ages, I love seeing all the people caught out, don't they pay attention to the world around themselves?

Walked to the supermarket for beer earlier, and to enjoy the weather, was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom