• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti prices. Has everyone got a screw loose?

Soldato
Well the card arrived and from the outset looks fine, it would have been sooner but the collection point I arranged with DPD cancelled my delivery for the day...???, anyhow images of the card are here https://imgur.com/gallery/MTGpI (imgur android app doesn't supply bb code for forums grrr)

Great, I always imagine the worst when I buy b-grade stuff. How are you finding it in games?

Soldato
Great, I always imagine the worst when I buy b-grade stuff. How are you finding it in games?

I ran a couple of benchmarks last night but didn't have time to jump in to any games, however I left unigine engine running on loop for half an hour or so and it didn't skip a beat. As a comparison my Timespy DX12 score jumped from 8038 (with a 1080) to 9757 on the ti, I still have to dial in my processor further and will probably give that a go tonight.

Soldato
I ran a couple of benchmarks last night but didn't have time to jump in to any games, however I left unigine engine running on loop for half an hour or so and it didn't skip a beat. As a comparison my Timespy DX12 score jumped from 8038 (with a 1080) to 9757 on the ti, I still have to dial in my processor further and will probably give that a go tonight.

Looking good so :) Hope the gaming goes as well.

Soldato
On the plus side of all this price nonsense my 980 Ti looks better value than ever. The £550 I paid will still only buy the same performance 2 years later!
Agree, 23rd July 2015 I bought my 980Ti for £539.99 from Ocuk, easily the most I have ever paid for a graphics card and sadly probably the last. Still a great card and will have to do me a while longer, in fact if current pricing stays the same then I cant see how I can justify the expense of a suitable upgrade.

Associate
q-code 68 with my 5960x and rampage V extreme. I bought a b-grade replacement MB (they had no new ones) from OCUK. The motherboard I got from overclockers was literally just the mother board, no sli bridges, no standoffs, no motherboard screws, no manual, no original box, no HD cables, no 3.1usb module (paid £50 more for this version) in fact nothing but the motherboard, the wifi antenna was even missing (£300)! So I cant really sell my old one now (even though it turns out to be a broken CPU) as it has become a donor for the new one and I could never try to sell one like that. Could not of used it if I didn't have the old board. So you have been warned, I will never buy b-grade stuff from here again!!!!

Soldato
I've been looking around at prices for the last couple of weeks, and TBH ocuk's pricing is seeming a bit of a joke.

£600 for a b grade 980ti? £500 for a b grade oculus? Theyre only 399 on the oculus site brand new!

It looks like everywhere else prices are slowly falling. Someone needs to stay competitive!

Associate
Don't buy the ultra cheap ones off ebay, they are a scam. I got my money returned by paypal the day after buying.
I was just hoping someone that didn't know the value was clearing stock form a failed business as they were selling 30 x 1080 ti for £80

Associate
Don't buy the ultra cheap ones off ebay, they are a scam. I got my money returned by paypal the day after buying.
I was just hoping someone that didn't know the value was clearing stock form a failed business as they were selling 30 x 1080 ti for £80

So a 1080Ti for just over £2.50. :)

And you didn't think it was a scam.. :)

Permabanned
I've been looking around at prices for the last couple of weeks, and TBH ocuk's pricing is seeming a bit of a joke.

£600 for a b grade 980ti? £500 for a b grade oculus? Theyre only 399 on the oculus site brand new!

It looks like everywhere else prices are slowly falling. Someone needs to stay competitive!

The 980Ti was dropped to £299, never noticed the Oculus bundle. They are probably just posted up on B Grade with default pricing then reduced later.

Try getting OCuk's service from other stores. It's worth a little more :)

Soldato
The 980Ti was dropped to £299, never noticed the Oculus bundle. They are probably just posted up on B Grade with default pricing then reduced later.

Try getting OCuk's service from other stores. It's worth a little more :)

Aye, the only reason I haven't gone elsewhere yet is because prices are still inflated beyond what I would be happy to pay.

That said, from all my browsing competitors are offering products at a VERY significant price difference compared to OCUK, well beyond any question of good customer service.

I'm not sure if OCUK are really keeping the edge anymore, less stock and a more inflated price? It never used to be like this.

Back
Top Bottom