**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
Just get BT headphones or usb c ones and move on .Do you really want to perceive with a dongle ?

Well yes, I didn't pay near on £150 for a pair of headphones not to be used & it is the principle, I have paid £650+ for a phone, with something that came included in the box, which clearly doesn't work right, You might enjoy being mugged off I don't.
How do I know i won't have this exact same problem if I buy USB-C headphones too?

Or is that how this works now? If something doesn't work properly move on, pay another small fortune & let them get away with it?

No wonder companies think they can take the **** nowadays. Maybe if people cared more then we wouldn't get shoved rubbish at us every year, But I forgot we live in a throwaway culture.

[Edit:- anyway I've had a reply from Google they are going to issue a new device per the warranty as they think it is the actual port, Good job I didn't just go & buy some bluetooth headphones/usb-c ones especially if the actual port is wonky.]

Last edited:
Soldato
Well yes, I didn't pay near on £150 for a pair of headphones not to be used & it is the principle, I have paid £650+ for a phone, with something that came included in the box, which clearly doesn't work right, You might enjoy being mugged off I don't.
How do I know i won't have this exact same problem if I buy USB-C headphones too?

Or is that how this works now? If something doesn't work properly move on, pay another small fortune & let them get away with it?

No wonder companies think they can take the **** nowadays. Maybe if people cared more then we wouldn't get shoved rubbish at us every year, But I forgot we live in a throwaway culture.

[Edit:- anyway I've had a reply from Google they are going to issue a new device per the warranty as they think it is the actual port, Good job I didn't just go & buy some bluetooth headphones/usb-c ones especially if the actual port is wonky.]
Good for you. Too many people seemingly jump into new technology under the illusion it's in some way better when it's just there too milk the consumer. Wireless headphones are a wonderful example as unless you're spending silly money the wired option is far better for sound quality and the fact your not forced to replace them when the battery is knackered.
No wonder Apple wanted a piece of this with beats...

Soldato
Still chasing my 'free' Google Home Mini because I still haven't received one. Spend half an hour on the phone to Google earlier and apparently I am entitled to one but they have no stock left for the promotion and stock cannot be reallocated from normal retail stock. I asked if they could just give me store credit instead so I could buy one, but they can't do that in the UK :rolleyes: I asked if they could put me through to their complaints department, but was just told a superior would ring me back at some point.

I really can't understand what they're playing at. If they thought they'd sell out of promo stock, then they should have put "whilst stocks last" on the promotion. But they didn't. It just feels like they're trying to squeeze out of their obligations with stupid excuses. It's also illegal as far as I can see.

Soldato
Has anyone found they have accidentally called someone, or typed something on this phone whilst it is in the pocket. This phone seems to be bad at this. I can't work out if I'm accidentally pressing the finger unlock as I put it in my pocket. Im going to reduce the fingers in the detect aspect but anyone else found this?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
Has anyone found they have accidentally called someone, or typed something on this phone whilst it is in the pocket. This phone seems to be bad at this. I can't work out if I'm accidentally pressing the finger unlock as I put it in my pocket. Im going to reduce the fingers in the detect aspect but anyone else found this?
I have noticed it trying to read, when I put my hand in my pocket. I feel the little vibration buzz whenever any part of my hand touches the sensor.
I only have my two index fingers registered though, and as far as I know, haven't had any accidental unlocks happen.

On another note, has anyone been unable to unlock their phone with 'hey google' consistently?
I'm sure it worked when I originally tried it, but the last couple of times it's asked me for my fingerprint/code

Soldato
Got to say the blue shift is really annoying me on this XL screen now after 4 days. I can notice it when just typing out this message as the display moves with the slight movement from each screen press.

Debating whether to go for a replacement as it's so bad. Have people had any luck with replacements actually being an improvement or is it just something I'll have to get used to on this phone?

Soldato
Got to say the blue shift is really annoying me on this XL screen now after 4 days. I can notice it when just typing out this message as the display moves with the slight movement from each screen press.

Debating whether to go for a replacement as it's so bad. Have people had any luck with replacements actually being an improvement or is it just something I'll have to get used to on this phone?

It sounds like yours is particularly bad, I'd compare with one in the stores and if worse then you'd be justified for a return

Soldato
Maybe you get used to it. Unfortunately next to my GF's Galaxy S8 the screen is **** poor. I prefer everything else about this over the S8 though.

Shame, but it's not like Google's phones should be making "sacrifices" at this price point unlike the early Nexus phone where it was forgivable.

Permabanned
OP
BGR has an interesting note out today, following Google's introduction of Flutter at Mobile World Congress 2018 yesterday, asking whether Google is laying the groundwork for Android's ultimate demise. What??

Why? Fragmentation in Android

We have all read about Fuschia, their OS in development that some say may replace Android. Flutter appears to give devs a better way to develop apps that can be simultaneously for Android and iOS and for a variety of screen sizes, from phones to tablets.

Would be curious if anyone here ends up using Flutter and what their experience is with it?

http://bgr.com/2018/02/28/google-flutter-beta-release-fuchsia/

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Leave it on charge? Sure I read that happen to a guy on Reddit a while back and after he left it to charge for a good hour it was fine.

Soldato
I wrote a few pages back about the blue shift decreasing over time, I think there's some truth to it. I definitely think mine isn't as noticeable, I'll admit it could just be me getting used to it however I tested by going into a CPW and the display handset had notably more blue shift than mine

Back
Top Bottom