LG 27UK650-W vs LG 27UK850-W

Associate
Is the only difference the between these two lovely monitors, that the LG 27UK650-W lacks:
Speakers
USB-C ports
USB 3.1 ports

I saw a spec on a monitor comparison site that states the 850 gets
True Colour Pro and Super Resolution+ and does not get Low Blue Light

Is there a pukka LG UK PDF of the spec available ?

Is the LG 27UK600-W part of an older series of LG monitors ?

Reference: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/1a2c44c5a

Associate
OP
Thanks @Daniel - LG
Is there a glossary of explanations for things like True Colour Pro, Super Resolution+ and Low Blue Light ?

Will there be G-Sync versions of these screens available too?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Are there any true 10 bit monitor panels available? I would say that it's a challenge to find a TV below 50" that has a 10 bit panel!

nb-

nb-

Associate
Does anyone, like possibly @Daniel - LG, know when the LG 27UK850-W is going to be available here in the UK?

A slight rant, but;

Aa major bug bear with this screen (and this whole series of LG monitors) is why do they only have two USB ports, this is madness. If the USB-C monitor segment was not so thin on the ground at the moment, it would be a deal breaker and I simply wouldn't even look at buying it. The USB-C port makes, I assume, the main target for this monitor people, such as myself, who plan to use it, with a single cable, as a laptop dock / charger, after all why else would you pay a premium for it over the 27UK650. By the time I have plugged in a mouse and keyboard, I have no USB ports left for other things one would want to leave plugged in like an external hard drive, phone cable etc. Most other monitors with USB hubs have at least 4 USB ports, only two USB ports is ridiculous.

Also I would much prefer a monitor with an internal power supply, having external power bricks lying around is just a nuisance, I dont want these things littering either my desk or floor when they could perfectly well be built into the screen out of the way.

Its more than a little bit frustrating to find oneself wanting to buy a product which appears to suffers from such silly design.

Associate
Does anyone, like possibly @Daniel - LG, know when the LG 27UK850-W is going to be available here in the UK?

A slight rant, but;

Aa major bug bear with this screen (and this whole series of LG monitors) is why do they only have two USB ports, this is madness. If the USB-C monitor segment was not so thin on the ground at the moment, it would be a deal breaker and I simply wouldn't even look at buying it. The USB-C port makes, I assume, the main target for this monitor people, such as myself, who plan to use it, with a single cable, as a laptop dock / charger, after all why else would you pay a premium for it over the 27UK650. By the time I have plugged in a mouse and keyboard, I have no USB ports left for other things one would want to leave plugged in like an external hard drive, phone cable etc. Most other monitors with USB hubs have at least 4 USB ports, only two USB ports is ridiculous.

Also I would much prefer a monitor with an internal power supply, having external power bricks lying around is just a nuisance, I dont want these things littering either my desk or floor when they could perfectly well be built into the screen out of the way.

Its more than a little bit frustrating to find oneself wanting to buy a product which appears to suffers from such silly design.

27UK850 will be this month - potentially like 2 weeks before its in stock in the retailer channel

Associate
Hi

Friend have dedicated stands + proper workstation so dont need toys like usb-c and i can borrow him X-Rite i1 Display Pro calibrator.

From what i understand 27UK600 got same panel as 650 and 850 models, only differences are in:
- stands (650/850),
- usb-c (850),
- speakers (850),
- basic factory calibration (850).
- dunno if there are any cover differences like colour or finish?

Im curious if from hardware point of view, screens are same? (i mean if LG is not putting some worse screens with big uniformity issues or backlight bleed into cheaper 600 series).
It would be worthless to buy something u dont really need and he thinks about at least 2 monitors.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Associate
Hi

Friend have dedicated stands + proper workstation so dont need toys like usb-c and i can borrow him X-Rite i1 Display Pro calibrator.

From what i understand 27UK600 got same panel as 650 and 850 models, only differences are in:
- stands (650/850),
- usb-c (850),
- speakers (850),

Im curious if from hardware point of view, screens are same? (i mean if LG is not putting some worse screens with big uniformity issues or backlight bleed into cheaper 600 series).
It would be worthless to buy something u dont really need and he thinks about at least 2 monitors.

Thanks!

Long time lurker. I'm quite interested in these monitors; probably the 600 as I'm likely to mount it anyway so the height adjustment isn't that important. The USB-C would be but I don't think it has enough output to fully charge a 15" MBP? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I would like to make sure the quality of screen in the 600 is decent. I've just been burned with a couple of Samsung TN panels (I went cheap, I got cheap) which has forced me to up my budget a little so I'm keen to avoid any repeat mistakes!

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Sorry to butt in on this thread but why avoid 8bit +frc? Aren’t the majority of monitors less than full 10 bit panels?

I'm not aware of any 10 bit screens at this size and resolution.

It would be more useful for people to offer alternatives rather than simply saying to avoid 8 bit.

Associate
Hi

- stands (650/850),
- usb-c (850),
- speakers (850),

Thanks!

Hey! So I purchased the 600. I've only really got it out of the box and played with it briefly. Some photos, netflix etc. and so far no complaints whatsoever. The quality is mind-blowing compared to the cheaper Samsung units with TN panels I mentioned earlier.

I can't answer the question about colours or finish but the monitor did come pre-calibrated and there's no clear signs of any uniformity issues or blacklight bleed.

I've put it on a mount and aesthetically it looks really good. It's a dual mount so I might have to invest in another ;)

Associate
I either want to get the 850 or 650. Are these the exact same panels? There shouldn't be any differences in colour/vibrancy according the specs on LGs website. I don't need the usb-c and usb ports but want to be sure I'm getting the same viewing experience with the 650 compared to the 850.

Back
Top Bottom