The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Same thing when I posted, for some reason if anyone has any complaints about their legal team he takes it as a personal insult.
Constant sweeping statements on any topic are boring. What exactly did his post contribute to the discussion?

We all know some are useless, I have the pleasure of dealing with them far more than you!

Soldato
I'm sure you have some very insightful views from the legal side of things, which are of course beneficial to the thread.

Your input however is mostly from the professional POV, with no invested interest in each of our purchases/sales.

I'd say a majority in here however are emotionally&financially involved in purchase/sale, so I think its reasonable to expect some frustration to be vented, none of which is of course directed at you personally.

For the record, my solicitor so far has been excellent. The vendors however, is another story.

Associate
I’m waiting for my mortgage to be approved with Clydesdale. They requested my P60’s just under two weeks ago and since then nothing. The broker said no news is good news and the next step is final approval via the underwriters.

Application went in around 20th Jan.

Soldato
I’m waiting for my mortgage to be approved with Clydesdale. They requested my P60’s just under two weeks ago and since then nothing. The broker said no news is good news and the next step is final approval via the underwriters.

Application went in around 20th Jan.
Do you know if the lender has requested a valuation yet?

Soldato
Same thing when I posted, for some reason if anyone has any complaints about their legal team he takes it as a personal insult.

I have noticed that myself.

For us and many others, its seems to always be the solicitors that constantly mess things up. Why? I guess its not personal to them. We are all just £££s in their eyes.

Its the constant chasing that annoys me. Their dragging their heels.

Skillmaster must be working in the only, most efficent practice in the UK! ;)

Soldato
Yes they have which has been done and accepted. When applying via the broker this is the first thing they do. The valuation was requested a couple of days after my application was made in full.

If the valuation has been done then I think you can safely say your mortgage will be approved, I don't think the lender would go to the expense otherwise.

Associate
If the valuation has been done then I think you can safely say your mortgage will be approved, I don't think the lender would go to the expense otherwise.

Thanks buddy. Appreciate that.

However, it’s standard practice for Clydesdale broker applications to do the valuation first. Once they have all the information they assess the application - heard nothing other than it’s being assessed for the past two weeks and my broker said they are just slow and alsways have been. It’s just stressful as my buyer and purchaser are both chasing.

Associate
Shock horror as someone understands solicitors have more than one case on the go at a time :p

We all still like to moan though!

Have to be fair to my solicitor and the buyer he's as annoyed as us all regarding his own solicitor! Fingers crossed things will happen Monday / Tuesday

Soldato
ok second time lucky, we have sold again today the previous buyers buyer pulled out and we lost a house we wanted. Two weeks later back on track.

now to find a place to live

Soldato
Been in the holding pattern since November and holing to exchange in the next week and a half. Various idiots down the chain have been delaying. One even went on holiday on exchange day but hopefully it comes together quickly now. Very very stressful

Associate
So the solicitor came back to us to she has had to raise a new query as it seems a small parcel of land at the front of the property doesn't actually belong to the property (its basically a grass verge) but she is having to double check this in case it causes re-sale issue in the future she has given us two dates for completion though which the seller has suggested the 6th of march which i think is too close and may not give enough time for the query to be answered and the 13th of march which unfortunately isn't suitable for us as my wife would be away in Glasgow for two days so we have gone back and suggested the 20th of march, moving on a Tuesday due to the seller requiring family help to move

Last edited:
Associate
Getting increasingly frustrated with our situation.

We have been ready to exchange for ages now and as I understand it the same can be said for the rest of the chain bar one party. Found out early this week that the owner of the property two above us still does not have her mortgage offer but is expecting it this week. Found this out after we sent a somewhat stern email to all parties that we need to aim for exchange and completion in March as our mortgage offer runs out in April.

We seem to have spent so much time waiting and waiting. It's genuinely starting to make me fell quite sick. I'm dreading the scenario where this all fall through, my partner will be devistated if that were to happen.

Soldato
Currently seem to be in an endless circle of legal enquiries being sent back and forth, hoping to be given a date this week to complete though fingers crossed.

Man of Honour
Got reservation meeting on Friday for new build. Allready built and currently being decorated, kitchen is half in. They recon end of march it'll be ready. How does completion date work and what's the shortest time it takes for solicitors and mortgage? Don't want to have an overlapping month's rent.

Soldato
Exchanged today, completing on Monday! This weekend is going to drag.

FTB, empty property and no chain and it's taken 4 months from when the first offer was accepted. Not too bad I suppose, especially when you think that the property was then undervalued and it took a while to get the additional surveys completed. Second offer was accepted mid Jan and it's all moved pretty swiftly from there.

Associate
So its appears my solicitor has been batting around with the buyers solicitor some silly retention figure due to accounts for the management company not being finalised for 2017 yet

When I heard the figure well I can understand why my solicitor was doing it just wish they'd approached me sooner!

Ask my solicitor on Friday to go back and agree to the figure based on exchange of contracts on Friday itself or the retention figure would be reduced by a value daily until the buyer does exchange on my place - it seems that was agreed and well the buyers not exchanged yet but anticipates it to be Monday

Back
Top Bottom