Soldato
Nearly 2am here. It's snowed a little more but not a lot. I'm hoping it doesn't snow much between now and lunchtime as my sister and nephew are picking me up to visit my parents for a family get together and some lunch. Too much snow on the roads and she'll call me and cancel. Anyway, I can't sleep so I'm going to pick a film, have a coffee and chill. What are you other night owls up to at this ungodly hour?

Man of Honour
Nearly 2am here. It's snowed a little more but not a lot. I'm hoping it doesn't snow much between now and lunchtime as my sister and nephew are picking me up to visit my parents for a family get together and some lunch. Too much snow on the roads and she'll call me and cancel. Anyway, I can't sleep so I'm going to pick a film, have a coffee and chill. What are you other night owls up to at this ungodly hour?

I've got a birthday party (special event due to significant age and been planned for months not just normal one) to go to Friday - with both here and the location it is taking place forecast now for sustained snow through Thursday and into Friday - the location is forecast potentially 17cm Friday. That is going to be interesting - supposed to be picking people up who are flying in Thursday for it as well LOL.

We've had all of like 2mm of snow and no more though so far though.

Permabanned
I've got a birthday party (special event due to significant age and been planned for months not just normal one) to go to Friday - with both here and the location it is taking place forecast now for sustained snow through Thursday and into Friday - the location is forecast potentially 17cm Friday. That is going to be interesting - supposed to be picking people up who are flying in Thursday for it as well LOL.

We've had all of like 2mm of snow and no more though so far though.

Lucky for you, this is me right now:

TZOXok.jpg

Soldato
Had a sebaceous cyst removed from the centre of my back and I now have three stitches which are sore to lie on and wake me up. So I have got up and am on the internets.

I used to work 14 nights on, seven off on dredgers but that was many years back and except for the occasional all nighter, like my sleep.

Soldato
2 am and a bit of a blizzard going on here in Edinburgh, I am being blamed for the weather preventing my cat Millie going on her usual nighttime forays with the look that only a cat can give.

Man of Honour
4am here in Bristol and it's started blowing a gale, but still no snow other than the sprinkling we had yesterday.

Only 5 hours to go til work!

I'm south of Bristol - a lot of forecasts towards the end of the day were heavy snow over night but its just been too dry - doesn't look like there is any real chance until around 9-10am or so the wind has sure got up though.

Man of Honour
3hrs till alarm. Stupid 3 early shifts sandwiched between nights.
However all being well get to reserve new build flat tomorrow. So something to look forward to,was meant o be last week but didn't happen due to the bad weather and people not making it in.

Earlies should be banned they are more knackering than any night shift. Yet managment who have normal day hours, think they are the least tiring.

Soldato
Alls right with the world , My cat Millie can now go about her nocturnal wanderings and more importantly do her business outside now that the snow is all but gone. She has been a right grumpy so and so for the past few days as though it was my fault. Means I can at least lie awake in peace at nights. Glad I stopped taking the various drug offerings from my GP which did not help my various sleep issues but sure as hell made me feel like a zombie during the day.

Man of Honour
Earlies should be banned they are more knackering than any night shift. Yet managment who have normal day hours, think they are the least tiring.

Depends person to person - I'm absolutely not a morning person but I have way more energy and focus between about 6:30am to 10:30am or so - doing nights even if I'm in a sleeping pattern and getting 8 hours sleep I just feel tired, no energy, no focus.

Doing a mix of day and night shifts should be banned though - that must take years off most people's lives.

Man of Honour
Depends person to person - I'm absolutely not a morning person but I have way more energy and focus between about 6:30am to 10:30am or so - doing nights even if I'm in a sleeping pattern and getting 8 hours sleep I just feel tired, no energy, no focus.

Doing a mix of day and night shifts should be banned though - that must take years off most people's lives.
Although it does depend on the person to an extent when you stick to a routine. None of us like them, the shifts changes things.

And yes shift work does take years of your life.iirc it's about 7 years.

Soldato
My body clock is messed up, I was up at 4am yesterday, worked from 5am-6pm, got into bed at 9pm and fell asleep almost straight away, was awake at midnight and then couldn’t sleep :( spent 12-4 moving around but not sleeping, now I’m back at work again.

Back
Top Bottom