This Business and Moment...

Commissario
So I flew out yesterday morning and started my new role in Sweden for the flatpack maestros! Definitely an interesting, unique place with a different vibe to anywhere that I've worked before. It's also going to take me a while to get used to this damn keyboard!

Man of Honour
So because of epic snow I've gone home early rather the risk any hazardous ice. It's not even 6pm but I've had a glass of wine and browsed the forums. What an utter luxury!!!!!! And there is SO MUCH EVENING LEFT!!! My god!

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Well yesterday I received an email from the chap recruiting for the job I was really interested in - and has offered me the position! Well chuffed! :D

Should hopefully help with reducing a bit of stress (that I didn't even know I had!!) now that I know I can walk out on 31st March and into something else on 1st April. Now I just need to iron out a few contract details and fully explore whether limited company is a worthy venture or not! Even if I don't, I'll still see a worthwhile real-world increase in pay, coupled with the opportunity (hopefully) to develop further and gain a qualification or two along the way, it's a good move for me personally :)

Man of Honour
Looks like I'm a jobless bum next week, my contract hasn't been extended because although they need me, the finance directory hates spending money. Onto the job boards I go! I'll probably go and sit a few exams as well.

Soldato
OP
Looks like I'm a jobless bum next week, my contract hasn't been extended because although they need me, the finance directory hates spending money. Onto the job boards I go! I'll probably go and sit a few exams as well.
Same boat. I've applied for a few things around here, but there really isn't that much about contract wise at the moment.

Caporegime
Well, not sure on the "by law" side of things, however I can see the sense in giving emergency contact details.

I would give them to HR. Note its for emergencies and nothing else. Then if suddenly you start getting more calls, ignore them. And besides, if its for emergencies only I assume this means someone to contact incase you have a workplace accident?

Man of Honour
Anyone looking for a senior on premise infrastructure engineer on contract? Skillset is mainly VMware, 3Par, AD, networking and some other random things I've worked on.

Soldato
OP
Met my agency today about other contract positions about in Basel, he's going to speak to his clients. I'm not that optimistic at the moment, but will see how it plays out. Lit a fire up my ass to push on with other things though, so there is that. As long as we can afford to keep the bad men away, that's all that matters for now :p

Soldato
Tell me I'm not going crazy. It IS unprofessional to use multiple sign-offs in the same email, right? As in both "kind regards" and "thank you" instead of one or the other. Just had a colleague get very defensive when I said they should change it as it is unprofessional.

Back
Top Bottom