The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Having a late lunch.

20180302_152013.jpg

Soldato
Last night two nights: salad, chicken, lentils, black pudding, poached egg. Lovely.

E4NN2mul.jpg

Tonight: Ribbon carrots and courgette, chilli viniagrette, Tesco salmon fishcake.

lswrxEQl.jpg

Soldato
It was brilliant. :D A bit excessive having three patties, but they do the same burger with one/two/three. It is a new special they have this month with smoked bacon and caramelized onions.
Their chips are always really good too, perfectly crispy and fluffy inside. I always get them with the spiced seasoning.
The box is chicken wings, I went with chipolte but the flavour wasn't that good, really nice wings though. I've had their angry wings before which are a bit too spicy for me so maybe I just need to add my own hot sauce.
Spiced mayo was brilliant, I wasn't impressed with their BBQ sauce though.

If anyone is ever in Milton Keynes and looking for a takeaway I'd highly recommend it: http://www.percysbbq.co.uk/

I just found a rocky road I got from them that I forgot about! (Didn't need it after that beast).

Soldato
Being mothers day, me, my brother and his wife took mum out to a Harvester restaurant for lunch. Excellent meal. Started with the help yourself salad bar. Then I ordered a mixed grill. Massive oval shaped plate filled with 4oz rump steak, gammon, sausage, fried egg, black pudding (tasted nicer than I expected), grilled tomato, large mushroom, chicken, and chips with a lovely fluffy, crispy coating. Then ordered warm chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. My brother had the same with custard so I poured a bit of his custard on mine as well. Don't need to make dinner tonight as I'm still stuffed :D

Soldato
Just had a really great lunch at Six by Nico. The current theme is New York and I think its one of their best yet :)

FfKNok.jpg

Started off with the snack course and the first course combined. Snack course was pulled pork sliders with BBQ sauce and smoked mozzarella. First course was a smoked salmon "bagel" with dill pickle and cream cheese. Both very nice :)

eREIZE.jpg

Course 2 - Buffalo Chicken - This was chicken confit with gorgonzola mousse and pickled celery. This was really nice. The meat and the sauce worked well together :)

fJRJn8.jpg

Course 3 - Eggs Benedict - Slow cooked egg with miso & brown butter hollandaise, smoked ham hough and blood orange segments. Another really nice one. The ham and egg worked well together and the blood orange added an interesting variety of flavour. The hollandaise was good too :)

Yb2aI0.jpg

Course 4 - Codfather - Shetland Cod with fregola pasta and trapanese pesto. The fish course is usually my least favourite, but I really enjoyed this one! The cod tasted great and the stuff with it. Oh my god that was tasty!

OCWkOy.jpg

Course 5 - Reuben Sandwich - 24 hour cooked brisket, smoked barley risotto and Russian dressing. This was delicious! The meat was so tender and the spicy cheese sauce on the side was really nice with it. The risotto hiding underneath was good too.

DRlX7j.jpg

Course 6 - Big Apple - Finally the dessert. A New York cheesecake with granola and lemon curd. The cheesecake was really tasty. I love that they made it into a perfect little apple like that. It went well with the sweet granola.

Soldato
unfortunate road victim on the way home - (should it have gone in motors)
first time I have prep'd one, took about 20mins, still warm.
Pan fried, into oven, made a sauce with deglaze + port and cream to accompany.
Surprisingly much less bloody than I expected, still pink, but perhaps a bit over, but very tasty - can't remember when I last ate it

40083889674_8956c49964_o_d.jpg

Soldato
@jpaul I thought you were eating it off an oven-mit for far too long. :D

@Spuj Is that a cubano sandwich? I'm planning to make the Cuban pork in the not too distant future with the idea to have cubano sandwiches after! I tried a 'cheat' way with bought sliced pork a few weeks ago and it was really good.

Soldato
@Spuj Is that a cubano sandwich? I'm planning to make the Cuban pork in the not too distant future with the idea to have cubano sandwiches after! I tried a 'cheat' way with bought sliced pork a few weeks ago and it was really good.

It was yeh however the pork was standard rolled pork belly with a mixture of herbs, fennel, garlic and black pepper in the middle. My plan is to do them again in the future with Cuban style pork (serious eats recipe most likely). They were still really good this way however I bet with the Cuban pork they are next level!

Back
Top Bottom