Software update now Mac won’t boot

Associate
i updated my MacBook last night to the lastest version of OS X. I closed the lid like I always do went to us my Mac now it says: the path/system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg and doesn’t boot into the os. What can I do to fix this as I don’t have a back up of my files and don’t want to do a reinstall?
Thanks

Associate
OP
Thank you, I’m back up and running now. Any ideas why this happened? Because I still had to install the update once I was back in. Did it not install correctly?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Currently trying to get time machine working with my windows server. But it’s all new to me
I tried for ages to get this to work -- unsuccessfully. Would be interested to see if you can get it going. From memory Time Machine relies on custom HFS+ properties so it just doesn't work off SMB.

Associate
OP
I’m guessing there is no way to speed up the transfer speed without getting a newer AirPort Extreme as mine is an old wireless n version?
Sorry for basic questions just new to actually using time machine

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Can you not plug it into the router/switch? Should give you gigabit.

Associate
OP
Probably not, no. The AirPort Extreme is lacking these days as a wireless router, may be worth an upgrade.
I’m not actually connected to AirPort Extreme for my WiFi, I use that for its good range and because it’s amazingly stable, but connected to an AC network so much faster

Back
Top Bottom