KTM 790 Duke

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I'm glad someone else sees it! Not sure what KTM are thinking looks wise, I was hoping they'd stop the weird headlight or it would grow on me but :/
It looks sexy. If it had a bit more power, it would be perfect... The stock exhaust doesn't sound too bad either, very tasty. It'll probably beastly with a nice stubby can and decat pipes, the MT07 sounds orgasmic irl. The videos don't do it justice, I'm guessing it'll be the same with the 790. :cool:

I'm sure some engineering wizards will create an undertail exhaust and once you put some KTM power parts on, it'll be the ultimate Jizz Machine. <3

Brings back the memories :D
12656451_19561184146197808-4262_2112061585_o.jpg

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The air box is under the seat.
Why... what about some type of shielding and adding vents? They do that in cars, sometimes there's no room and the airbox is near the manifold.

They must have done something in the prototype, he was razzing it...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why... what about some type of shielding and adding vents? They do that in cars, sometimes there's no room and the airbox is near the manifold.

They must have done something in the prototype, he was razzing it...

There was no cat in the prototype.

Soldato
Bloke at work has got himself a test ride when they are available, he had his SD1290R stolen from outside his house only a month ago.

Man of Honour
Surprised to see how much kit this comes with when stock, auto blipper, QS, launch control, cruise control, ABS to name a few.

I'm surprised more bikes don't have all these features now that everything is ride by wire. It's just software and sensors which are cheap after the initial R&D.

Hopefully more manufacturers start to catch up now that someone is pushing it in a budget bike.

Soldato
Is it me or do we never get bad reviews on bikes these days from big companies like MCN? Every single bike they review is 'the best yet' or everything on the bike is absolutely amazing. Whether it's a sports bike or something like Triumphs new Bobber.
I find I have to go to smaller channels from people that have been lent or are testing riding the bike. 44teeth used to be good for that but they seem to be as generic as every other mainstream reviewer these days.
Anyone else find that?

Caporegime
Is it me or do we never get bad reviews on bikes these days from big companies like MCN? Every single bike they review is 'the best yet' or everything on the bike is absolutely amazing. Whether it's a sports bike or something like Triumphs new Bobber.
I find I have to go to smaller channels from people that have been lent or are testing riding the bike. 44teeth used to be good for that but they seem to be as generic as every other mainstream reviewer these days.
Anyone else find that?

Yep. Bad reviews are bad for business. I tend to check out TheMissendenFlyer on the 'tube for his reviews as they're consistent and Visordown can also be decent if you can sift through all the billions of ads they shove all over their page.

Soldato
MCN are 20 miles from me and stopped being reliable 20 years ago :D

No one local takes them seriously they did have a good rag at one time buy & sell but them days are gone.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yep. Bad reviews are bad for business. I tend to check out TheMissendenFlyer on the 'tube for his reviews as they're consistent and Visordown can also be decent if you can sift through all the billions of ads they shove all over their page.

The problem is generally (excluding his long term reviews) he rides the bikes for the duration of a test ride and rides on generally uninspiring roads at a gentle pace.

As a result most of his opinions are based on the looks and sound of a bike with no real insight into their performance. They're all first impressions which I can get myself on a test ride.

I've also gotten tired of correcting his incorrect information in the comments of his videos :p

I like his content, but he's useless for reviews as he doesn't get to take the bikes out on track or in the mountains like the guys who go to bike launch events do.

Soldato
I like his content, but he's useless for reviews as he doesn't get to take the bikes out on track or in the mountains like the guys who go to bike launch events do.

Depends what you're after. For me, none track reviews are far better. Track stats/opinions are useless to me.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
No one is disagreeing with you.
I'm not saying anyone is, are there any reviewers that actually point out the cons as well as the pros?

Some of the amateur reviews seem to be long and they miss out on a lot of interesting info.

Back
Top Bottom