**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
My battery life has been uncharacteristically poor today. Currently sitting on 48%, with only 1hr46 screen on time. I hope its not going the same way as my old S7E which had fantastic battery life at first but quickly became mediocre, it'll be even more of an annoyance on this phone with it not having wireless charging, nor me having an abundance of compatible chargers.

Before this, I would have expected it to still be well into the 60's percent.

Disabled Facebook updating in the background, and now I'm back to normal, 65% with 2hr26 screen on time which is excellent again. Panic over.

Soldato
Obviously we wouldn't all actually post no, so if no-one says yes, you assume no-one has...

Mind you, no-one else has a 'quick camera button'. I assume you mean the 'power button' :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I assume this is the one for mobile data so will still work in background on WiFi but not on mobile

This affects both mobile data and WiFi. Ive enabled this setting on most apps except things like WhatsApp and my battery life and standby time is impressive. This is on the OP5 btw but it should apply to all phones on oreo+.

Soldato
On the pixel 2, in settings background settings refer to mobile data if I'm in the same place.
Settings, apps and notifications, Facebook, data usage, background data (mobile data)

Associate
You know what assumption is?

OK so that's a S8 trait ... Will contact Google!
I use the double press power button everyday to get pictures of the kids when I need to open the camera quickly and I have never had it open on a blank screen. But I did look at a picture I had just taken and then pressed BACK to go back to the camera and had a blank screen. But that only happened once and it's not happened since.
That was before the march security patch btw. :)

Soldato

Easy overall win to the Pixel for me. That dynamic range and post processing is unrivalled.

No contest on the front camera, and the video stabilisation on the rear was excellent.

Last edited:
Soldato
On the pixel 2, in settings background settings refer to mobile data if I'm in the same place.
Settings, apps and notifications, Facebook, data usage, background data (mobile data)

Are you looking in the Facebook app settings or Android / settings /apps/ application list?

I'm referring to the latter.

Associate

Easy overall win to the Pixel for me. That dynamic range and post processing is unrivalled.

No contest on the front camera, and the video stabilisation on the rear was excellent.
I am blown away by the camera on this phone everyday and it has made me forget about the £629 price tag.
My sister and her husband had a baby last week and I went to see them on Tuesday and took some pictures, they too were blown away by the quality and asked how I took such great pictures :D
Back to the video, I wish the Pixel 2xl had that great zoom the s9 has but other than that I thought a win for the Pixel too. :)

Back
Top Bottom