**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
Associate
Hi folks. Can anyone recommend an ultra clear plastic screen protector for the 2 XL. I've tried some tech gear ones but on white backgrounds the clarity isn't great. Do most folk just not bother with a screen protector? Thank you

Soldato
Hi folks. Can anyone recommend an ultra clear plastic screen protector for the 2 XL. I've tried some tech gear ones but on white backgrounds the clarity isn't great. Do most folk just not bother with a screen protector? Thank you

I don't bother, just look after my screen. Debating getting rid off the case as well

Associate

Haven't touched screen protectors since the OnePlus One. The mate 10 pro has one already applied to do screen as does the OP5T I tried but they were applied in the factory so I imagine whatever they use, they'll want to make sure the screen still looks good.

I'm just rocking my black and white Pixel 2 XL naked. Not even sure if I'll bother with a clear TPU case or not, most people I know with the Pixel seem to not bother with cases. Still amazes me that this only cost £529, can't imagine why I'd want to buy anything at £800 odd

Soldato
A new one for me, I put my phone on charge Monday night, woke up to my alarm not going off but the screen having the "snooze swipe" on timely.

Thought that was odd, Disconnected the phone & tried some alarm tones all of them failed to play through the speakers, Restarted the phone & now they are playing through the speakers.

I thought this USB-C thing was meant to be good? All seems like a load of problems with this phone.

I'll give it one more week if any more problems like these arise then I'll be forced to sell it & find something that doesn't have as many problems.

Soldato
Haven't touched screen protectors since the OnePlus One. The mate 10 pro has one already applied to do screen as does the OP5T I tried but they were applied in the factory so I imagine whatever they use, they'll want to make sure the screen still looks good.

I'm just rocking my black and white Pixel 2 XL naked. Not even sure if I'll bother with a clear TPU case or not, most people I know with the Pixel seem to not bother with cases. Still amazes me that this only cost £529, can't imagine why I'd want to buy anything at £800 odd

I'm putting it naked again, my biggest concern is scratching the camera glass as it doesn't seem that well protected. Any views

Soldato
Got my new pixel 2 XL replacement from Google. Seems to have whiter screen!

How can you tell the build date?

Only issue I have now is it wont let me restore my pixel cloud backup as I used a few temp phones while it was broken it just offers them as a restore point.

Soldato
Got my new pixel 2 XL replacement from Google. Seems to have whiter screen!

How can you tell the build date?

Only issue I have now is it wont let me restore my pixel cloud backup as I used a few temp phones while it was broken it just offers them as a restore point.

I've yet to call them back up to sort out my address. They wrote down "Flat 5" as "Cleft 5" :(

Soldato

I had this with my Nexus 5X restore point. I had to log into my Google account and remove my galaxy S3 backup from there for it to pick up my Nexus backup again .

Soldato
I've had to opt for the panda version of the 2 XL now as Currys have ran out of stock of the black. Not too bothered about that as long as the screen is dead pixel free... Only minor annoyance is the case I got probably won't look as cool with the panda version.

Back
Top Bottom