Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Soldato
What "weekend" porsche would you guys buy for around £70k? Seems a bit short for a 991.1 GTS? My dad is looking at getting something smaller to replace his A8 so looking at maybe cayman GTS(?) or V12V, maserati granturismo stradale thingy

Soldato
What "weekend" porsche would you guys buy for around £70k? Seems a bit short for a 991.1 GTS? My dad is looking at getting something smaller to replace his A8 so looking at maybe cayman GTS(?) or V12V, maserati granturismo stradale thingy
At this budget, as a weekend car, a 981 Boxster Spyder every day of the week of me.

I would adore one of those.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato

I'm a little bias as id pick a Cayman GTS or GT4. However, what is you Dad looking for from the car? As if its general fun / sound the CGTS & GT4's are hard to beat or a odd ball would be a Cayman R.

Man of Honour
Done some clearing out of the garage today, hopefully next week I can put the car in there and start thinking about stripping it down. Will be interesting to see how bad it has grenaded itself.

Associate
i think you get it inspected by porsche. they give you the laundry list (inc batteries, tyres etc etc), you pony up and get it all done, then you pay for the warranty. or something like that. Ask your OPC. Wont be cheap

Soldato
Gents, does anyone know the process for or even if it's possible to get a porsche extended warranty on a non approved used car?

Yeah, speak to your chosen Porsche dealer: 111-point inspection (~£200); resolve any issues; wait 90 days and then you can pay for and apply the warranty. That's for a sale from an independent dealer or a private car without existing warranty, it can be transferred between private individuals - that was straightforward with my car. I think there are 15 years old and 125k mile limits.

Soldato
Are you buying from a dealer or private? If it’s the latter you can speed up the process by asking the seller to warranty the car (at your expense) then transfer it over prior to sale.

Have you seen some nice Pork for your £30k?

Caporegime
Are you buying from a dealer or private? If it’s the latter you can speed up the process by asking the seller to warranty the car (at your expense) then transfer it over prior to sale.

Have you seen some nice Pork for your £30k?

Not really for 30k. 35k and things look brighter though! Seems to be all about finding the right spec. Too many cars clearly designed for track use missing the daily comforts like sat nav and phone prep or...a lot of very basically specced cars. That stock steering wheel for example. Bah.

Soldato
Not really for 30k. 35k and things look brighter though! Seems to be all about finding the right spec. Too many cars clearly designed for track use missing the daily comforts like sat nav and phone prep or...a lot of very basically specced cars. That stock steering wheel for example. Bah.

I'm in the same boat, there's a real lack of cars for sale in this bracket, I'm surprised prices aren't going up.

Caporegime
I'm in the same boat, there's a real lack of cars for sale in this bracket, I'm surprised prices aren't going up.

I've spent a fair bit of time talking to the dealers and they said they find it to be a pretty common occurrence. People will push their budgets to try and afford a porsche but can't afford any options.

Soldato
It’s all too easy to get hung up on looking for the unicorn car with every option ticked. There’ll have to be a compromise somewhere? Even if you go wild with your budget you’ll still struggle surely?

Caporegime
It’s all too easy to get hung up on looking for the unicorn car with every option ticked. There’ll have to be a compromise somewhere? Even if you go wild with your budget you’ll still struggle surely?

Honestly have a look on the approved site. I'm talking no options at all nevermind unicorn spec!
I'm fairly relaxed with what I want, pdk, rear parking sensors, phone, none standard wheels and none standard steering wheel. Oh and can't be white!

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Anyone else used the new Porsche South London yet? Car went in a month or so ago for a service and they advised my rear tyres were "below the 1.6mm legal limit" which I thought sounded suspect as they had only been on the car for 1 year and the MOT 3 months prior hadn't thrown anything up. Finally got a chance to get a tread depth gauge on it myself today, shows as 4mm! Head of after-sales emailed me just after the service for my feedback, have just responded calling them out on it so let's see what he says to that...

Soldato
Honestly have a look on the approved site. I'm talking no options at all nevermind unicorn spec!
I'm fairly relaxed with what I want, pdk, rear parking sensors, phone, none standard wheels and none standard steering wheel. Oh and can't be white!

Sounds sensible enough, I’m surprised there’s so little choice... is budget the issue or lack of cars about?

I’ve been on too many Porsche specific forums I think! It’s amazing how critical they are about cars without certain options. Illuminated sill guards and garage door opener are mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom