Farewell Sir Ken Dodd

SPG

SPG

Soldato
A very very funny man.

I was kinda dragged to one of his shows... After about 1hr of relentless quotes/quips/gags i gave in, I was sore for 2 days after from all the laughing.

Permabanned
A gentleman and an extraordinarily generous entertainer. I well recall my late father in law saying he was always extending his shows to rapturous applause and calls of "More".

I have to wonder if the late marriage to his long standing partner was a final V sign to the UK tax authorities, he notoriously garnered acclaim for his last run in with them <LOL>

RIP Doddy, I hope the weather and tax level are kind in Upper Knotty Ash ;)

Permabanned
Jasper Carrott
Bill Bailey
Rowan Atkinson (Past his prime Blackadder days but he's still alive)

Rowan is very much alive, he's even gone and got himself a new young bint ;) Cost him his hard won, if rather naff, multi million pound house +++, but hey, it's only money :)

** Not here or today - Have a little respect **

Last edited by a moderator:

tnx

tnx

Associate
Billy Connolly is still on the go but quite poorly I think. He is, should I say was funny in his younger days. Suppose it's hard been funny all your life.

V F

V F

Soldato
Genuinely saddened at this news. He was a dedicated entertainer and a very funny man, who gave so much to his fans, making them laugh to the very end. Good clean fun. Never had to resort to smut or Effin and blindin’ to make people laugh. He will be sorely missed. RIP Doddy.

Sadly I think this is the last you’ll ever see comedy like this again since every other comedian and audiences loves what you’ve listed. Most people are halved in two for smut and cursing.

Think about it. Why would I pay to hear smut and cursing abuse on a stage when you can get it for free in your local high street. I have nothing against cursing but I want to be entertained for my money.

Associate
I remember watching him on the telly as a nipper - a man who had such stage presence he could make the most innocuous of sentences funny just in the way he delivered it. To still be performing in your late 80s though is amazing - what an innings. Utterly, wonderfully eccentric and mad - the world is poorer for his passing.

V F

V F

Soldato
I remember watching him on the telly as a nipper - a man who had such stage presence he could make the most innocuous of sentences funny just in the way he delivered it. To still be performing in your late 80s though is amazing - what an innings. Utterly, wonderfully eccentric and mad - the world is poorer for his passing.

:D

Caporegime
Thread necro, but it turns out Doddy had a £27.5m fortune! Didn’t expect him to have nearly that much.

By marrying his long term partner two days before his death, he avoided paying over £11m in inheritance tax!

Well played Ken, well played.

Back
Top Bottom