OCUK founder Spie passes away

Soldato
It is with a broken heart I have to bear this awful news.

My father, the founder of OcUK and these great forums, passed away yesterday afternoon.

Some may know him as Mark, others Spie and others as boss at some point.

The news comes as a great shock as he leaves behind my step-mother, myself, my brother and baby sister.

He was a great man, who had strong beliefs, opinions and ideas. He did not let anyone get in his way of achieving his potential. This company was founded on his hard work and determination, as continues on today with those same principles.

He was a man who I held in high regard and looked up to him as a hero, as only a son could.

At this time, please share your good thoughts and memories.

I love you dad x

Soldato
:( What? No. It was only yesterday that he'd picked up his new 599..

Very sorry for your loss, but what an empire/legacy he built.

Commissario
As I've already said to you mate, my condolences. He achieved so much and created a strong and successful business as well as this fantastic community for us all.

RIP Mark :(

Soldato
Really sorry for your loss Nath, my thoughts are with your family. Whilst I never met Spie / Mark in person I admired his drive and business acumen. I looked forward to reading his posts on these forums particularly in the motors forum from M5s to Ferraris.

Mark has left a legacy in both these forums and the Overclockers UK company, bringing people together and enabling lasting relationships.

Rest in peace "The Godfather" Spie.

Soldato
Couldn't beleive it when I saw the news early this morning, such a shock. He was always so supportive to me and so kind when my aunt passed away just over a year ago. My thoughts are with you all x

OcUK Staff
Nathan my thoughts are with yourself and the rest of your family.

I knew him by Mark, Spie and of course Boss. Though we did not always see eye to eye I had huge respect for your father for what he created, the business, the community and the fantastic opportunity he gave myself and the great times we all had.
He was a great man and I think I say for everybody, he shall always be remembered which really is the greatest honour.

I am sure your going to be fine, you know where I am and how to get in touch, so just shout Nathan if you need anything at all.

RIP Mark Proudfoot, you shall never be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom