ITX case with good airflow and big gpu support

Soldato
Currently have a coolermaster 130 and while I love it. Fits my triple fan 1060 and 8700k with 120mm aio with HD and ssds no problem. However Ive seen my gpu reaching way past 85c in this case! The airflow struggles so badly in this case it kills my gpu temp.

I was wondering if there's a ITX case out there that does both great airflow and small form factor? That also fits larger gpus

Soldato
I was considering that one then thought about the Core v 1 instead which has better CPU cooling. Triple fan GPU in the Core v1 may be worse though as the last fan may be restricted but worth checking. I just think the more open motherboard design of the Core v1 appeals to me more.

Soldato
OP
I was considering that one then thought about the Core v 1 instead which has better CPU cooling. Triple fan GPU in the Core v1 may be worse though as the last fan may be restricted but worth checking. I just think the more open motherboard design of the Core v1 appeals to me more.

Isn't the core V1 thermaltake? Not a huge fan of it and it looks massive for a cube ;c

Soldato
Isn't the core V1 thermaltake? Not a huge fan of it and it looks massive for a cube ;c

Yep TT. I've only bought CM & TT cases myself but definitely prefer the horizontal mobo layout. Currently have a HAF XB EVO with X99 which makes the Core v1 look svelte! I was looking at an i5 8600K build for my bro. You do need certain amount of air volume though to remove the heat or move it through quickly which comes with noise.

Last edited:
Associate
Fractal Design Node 304 or Corsair Obsidian 250D, both have large side vents where the GPU would sit so intake and exhaust with minimal impact on the rest of the system. Both have active intake fans as well. I owned the Fractal and used it as a custom NAS (6 HDDs supported) and it worked very well before I sold it. The Corsair is larger than the Fractal though and you need to check PSU length (sub 160mm I think) to ensure full length GPUs can fit.

Associate
Currently have a coolermaster 130 and while I love it. Fits my triple fan 1060 and 8700k with 120mm aio with HD and ssds no problem. However Ive seen my gpu reaching way past 85c in this case! The airflow struggles so badly in this case it kills my gpu temp.

I was wondering if there's a ITX case out there that does both great airflow and small form factor? That also fits larger gpus

IN-WIN Soon have the A1 ITX Case out
top Air cooling & long GPU support

Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Computer Case
Micro ATX Case but not too big & top Air cooling & Long GPU support

Soldato
OP
Fractal Design Node 304 or Corsair Obsidian 250D, both have large side vents where the GPU would sit so intake and exhaust with minimal impact on the rest of the system. Both have active intake fans as well. I owned the Fractal and used it as a custom NAS (6 HDDs supported) and it worked very well before I sold it. The Corsair is larger than the Fractal though and you need to check PSU length (sub 160mm I think) to ensure full length GPUs can fit.

I believe the node needs a small PSU for long gpus and the 250D isn't wide enough for my gpu

Starting to think the manta is the best bet with some sound proofing but it's Abit massive

Back
Top Bottom