Want to get into coding but need an answer first to my mind boggling question

Soldato
I got a Raspberry Pi 3 at Xmas intending to learn Python and do something funky with it... no inspiration just yet...

Having said that today, we're thinking to set up a covert security camera, so I might look to use it for that, but even then, it's not me coding, I expect I will use someone's pre-written code.

Any good places for Pi inspiration?

Associate
I got a Raspberry Pi 3 at Xmas intending to learn Python and do something funky with it... no inspiration just yet...

Having said that today, we're thinking to set up a covert security camera, so I might look to use it for that, but even then, it's not me coding, I expect I will use someone's pre-written code.

Any good places for Pi inspiration?

https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror

Bucket loads of instructions and pre-build modules, but still need to work a little bit out to configure them. Was my first Pi project, great to break you in gently!

Soldato
I've just found a Youtuber called AngelSix...

High recommend him so far. Doing the very first c# video and it's explaining everything very well, IDE and C#. It's well planned, well spoken, video is top notch. Hoping the rest of the series carries on like this.

He's got playlists on the following:

ASP.NET Core Server Dev
WPF UI Programming (C#)
Web Dev
.Net Core tutorials
C# programming beginners
general programming
general computing
data & file formats
SolidWorks API (C#)
gaming

Soldato
I would like to buy a book for HTML,CSS, JS, Jquery or something similar....all in 1 just in case to read while doing exercises + yt + udemy etc :) tips?

Soldato
depends on the type of book/learning you are doing.

If you want to learn the web side of it I probably wouldn't bother with a book but check out the freecodecamp project.

If you want to learn from scratch with little to no knowledge, check out the head first books.

If you simply want a reference book then you'll be looking at bibles or cookbooks for the language you are using.

FYI, html and CSS are considered scripting and not programming, Python for instance falls under both headings depending on what you're doing with it. What language are you interested in? or, what are you looking to create?

For the price of a 3 technical books you could just get a second cheap monitor and use that ;)

Back
Top Bottom