OCUK founder Spie passes away

Associate
I didn't know Mark/Spie but I appreciate the work he did to create this forum and a fantastic shop.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends for their loss.

Soldato
Very sad news indeed. This is even reaching the news now - I hope this link is allowed: http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2018-03-13/jersey-multi-millionaire-dies-in-mallorca/
The family of a multi-millionaire who lived in Jersey have described their shock and sadness following his death.

Mark Proudfoot suffered a suspected massive heart attack whilst on his boat in Mallorca.

His wife Claire, said she had lost the love of her life and "our hearts are broken".

She described him as a "kind and loving man" and asked friends to keep him in their thoughts.
I would just like you to say that myself and the family are all in shock and are heartbroken at his passing.

The hole in our lives will be immeasurable. He loved Jersey and was very passionate about all aspects of life on the island.

Some didn’t agree with his views but I ask those people to be respectful at this difficult time.

He was liked and respected by the majority and is deeply missed already by myself, his Sons Nathan & Aaron and his beautiful baby girl Emma.

Darling Mark, you were taken too soon. We will love you forever!

– Claire Proudfoot

smr

smr

Soldato
Very sad news indeed :( sorry to hear about this and for your loss Nath. I was a member on these forums back in the early 2000's before I lost my old member login details.. I think it was around 2002 I first joined after purchasing computer kit from OCUK. Immediately I thought what a great website it was, and then discovered the forums and wanted to know who was behind such a great community, company and website, subsequently discovering it was all down to your Father's hard work, I remember thinking to myself how much I admired him for creating this company because it must have taken a lot of hard work, dedication and passion... and to see how the company and forums have grown since then is testament to him. RIP.

Man of Honour
Really quite shocking. Events like this always remind me to never settle for an average life. If you want to do something (that won't hurt others) then go ahead and strive to do it. Live as good a life as you can. Because you never know when it's your turn. It sounds like he did try to live an awesome life and achieved a lot in his business and family life.

Soldato
My condolences mate. I've been here since the start so I recall him posting a lot back then. He was always helpful when I'd email in with enquiries - this was when OCUK was relatively small. He left behind something special, and if it wasn't for these forums I'd not have known some of these clowns here :o

Soldato
What a shock! I've been using OcUK since I was in high school around 98/99+ and got use to seeing Spie post on the forums especially in the earlier years.

My condolences go out to the family at this sad time.

Caporegime
My condolences :(

I never knew the chap, but obviously know who he is due to my time on the forum.

Hopefully there is some solace in the fact that his legacy includes one of the last few standing online forum communities, and arguably the best. The majority of forums did not weather the rise of Facebook, but OCUK is still here, heaving with information and discussion.

Back
Top Bottom