GERMANIUM configuration change

Associate
I was looking at this system and i wanted this system to last for a good couple of years, and am concerned that 16GB wont be enough in the future.

When i spoke to sales they said adding another two 8GB sticks to get to 32GB would likely affect the overclock and wouldn't be able to get the 4.9ghz overclock. But i would have thought there would be a pair of 16GB sticks that could be used in its place for a price premium

Soldato
I was looking at this system and i wanted this system to last for a good couple of years, and am concerned that 16GB wont be enough in the future.

When i spoke to sales they said adding another two 8GB sticks to get to 32GB would likely affect the overclock and wouldn't be able to get the 4.9ghz overclock. But i would have thought there would be a pair of 16GB sticks that could be used in its place for a price premium

Yes... but did you ask sales if they could do that for you?

It may still affect the overclock.

Associate
RAM is unlikely to be what limits you in the future. Most games don't require greater than 8 gb, 16 gb is already your future proofing. It will most likely be the GPU that holds you back.

This all of course, assumes you are gaming. For proper work, more RAM Is helpful!

Back
Top Bottom