How much fruit do you eat?

Permabanned
Cherries and sour cherries.

Together with the previously mentioned by me:

Kiwis, pineapples, mandarin oranges, water melons, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, peaches and apricots... are what I prefer and consider amazing in taste.

Don't like so much apples or melons, or oranges and other more exotic fruit.

Kiwis and mandarin oranges I can eat a kilogram a day.

Soldato
Try to avoid imported fresh fruit
agree, in the UK, for soft fruit, putting aside miles/farmers, you pay a premium for something imported that maybe nutritionally correct, but has little taste due to chilling , intensive cultivation ... maybe brexit will fix local sources.

so - sorry - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches and apricots, Cherries and sour cherries are out - strictly dancingcitrus

Associate
Bananas and oranges. Sometimes I wizz up some frozen blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and a banana to make a smoothie. Some supermarkets sell pre-frozen berries cheaper than the fresh ones. I grow my own raspberries and blackberries and fill the freezer when they're ripe.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I almost never eat fruit. Veg I do, but just don't eat fruit for some reason. My body must hate me.

Soldato
I do understand. It just smacks of dumbing down everything. It's a flippin' fruit and the girlfriend and I much prefer satsumas to clementines. They should tell you what you are buying, not what they've marketed it as. I don't know how they get away with it.

But they do...

The name of the product is generic so they can use more than one variety to fulfill the requirements.

But if you have a look at the details on the bag it tells you what variety is in the bag, also the grower and source.

Associate
eat an apple (pink lady) and some grapes/blueberries every Mon-Thu. Don't really eat anything on Fri-Sun apart from the odd glass of orange juice.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Doubt that has anything to do with not eating fruit, especially if you eat veg.

There is no such thing as 'essential carbs' so as long as you are getting your vitamins and minerals from other sources, there is no 'need' to eat fruit.
I love empty carbs and other crap. My diet isn't great but I've cut down significantly on the crap. Can't get enough of empty carbs though :(

Should start eating more fruit for the fibre content, but it's full of sugar.

Associate
agree, in the UK, for soft fruit, putting aside miles/farmers, you pay a premium for something imported that maybe nutritionally correct, but has little taste due to chilling , intensive cultivation ... maybe brexit will fix local sources.

so - sorry - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches and apricots, Cherries and sour cherries are out - strictly dancingcitrus

I do enjoy wild berries /soft fruit when in season blackberries /green gauges . Only what I can pick mind won't pay shop prices.

Associate
Four Apples, one banana and a bunch of grapes a day throughout the year, then when necarines and plums are in season in will have a couple of those each day.

I am a bit of a apple snob so these end up costing me a fair bit each week

Soldato
started having a home made smoothie every morning. A banana (unripened), fresh baby spinach, an apple, a few strawberries and blueberries, almond milk and flax seed. Rather tasty and doing it for a month and doing a bit of exercise for the first time in a few years has genuinely made me feel better. :)

Associate
On workdays, 2 types of berries with the bran flakes in the morning, and any 3 different fruits chopped up for lunch.
Weekends it's just the berries.

Soldato
3 bananas, 1 golden delicious apple and a pack of blueberries each day. Grapes, honeydew melons, strawberries and persimmons less often. Occasionally I make a lassi with frozen raspberries.

Back
Top Bottom