• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Soldato
The ones appearing in the MM are all fairly small-time though, using ~5 cards and likely from people weighing up the actual benefits of having five graphics cards sitting there making noise and pumping out heat in the spare bedroom. I suspect that it'll be significantly longer before we see the people who've gone all-in on it deciding to sell up. People like this, for example:

(That's 130 1080 Tis for the record.)
Even at £700 per card would be £84,500
£91,000 if they were £700 each

Soldato
The MM is for personal sales of 2nd hand kit, not bulk sales of hundreds of units.

Is that an actual rule? I wouldn't be opposed to seeing 130 1080ti's if they've been bought legitimately and not on there for profiteering.

I mean hats off to the people that are honest about mining on the gear they're selling, but no chance I'd be paying what they've paid for it. Call me stingy but I wouldn't touch mining hardware unless the price was very good.

Soldato
Still personal and second hand, amount is irrelevant. (if solely owned)

No, it isn't.

2.7 Traders

The Members Market is for the use of private individuals to buy and sell their own personal property. Commercial Trading, i.e. buying and selling of items specifically for profit, is strictly prohibited. Anyone buying and/or selling excessive quantities of items may be deemed to be Trading and may have their MM access removed or be banned from all Overclockers UK Forums.

Soldato
4 GPUs of the same SKU should be a reasonable maximum as this is the most you can use for gaming.

Going on the fact xfire/SLI is effectively none existent I'd say one tbh :p

To be honest if you're not making a profit I don't see the problem regardless how many a person sells .

Soldato
Going on the fact xfire/SLI is effectively none existent I'd say one tbh :p

To be honest if you're not making a profit I don't see the problem regardless how many a person sells .

You've got to be realistic and understand that OcUK is a business. The example rig that kicked off this discussion would constitute a turnover of almost £100k.

Think about it.

Soldato
You've got to be realistic and understand that OcUK is a business. The example rig that kicked off this discussion would constitute a turnover of almost £100k.

Think about it.

Am not disagreeing per say, what am saying is that providing no profit is being made I don't see a problem.

There's plenty on the MM that constantly sell all year al be it not in the 100k mark but still well in the thousands. In fact I'd go as far as some do appear to be trading with the amount they are buying/selling.

Soldato
Remember the RX480 8g being about £225 for a bit at release. It was a great card for the price.
I'll not be buying another card, until I can get more performance for that same price.
High end PC gaming is mostly **** anyway. Lower demanding games have always got your back.

Soldato
Seems like the MM is getting flooded with mining machines being split, not much seems to be shifting either.

Combined with the next generation of cards incoming and I think prices will tank over the next couple of months. (hopefully)

People should refuse to buy from miners, just on principle...the more money those parasites lose, the better.

Soldato
It seems quite obvious to me that sale of said hypothetical GPUs is not strictly against forum rules. There's simply a discretionary clause that allows mods to decide if the sale is reasonable or not.

As there is no explicit guideline it's all just posturing and guesswork, made by people who don't even moderate...

Shall we move on?

Associate
I wouldn't want to buy an ex mining card unless it was really attractive price wise but If people are honest about the past use of the cards they are selling, then that's something i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom