OCUK founder Spie passes away

Man of Honour
I regard myself lucky to have met Mark. He really was larger than life. He slapped me down a few times when I was younger and had a fiery temper and a worse tongue, but never in a nasty way.

Having met him away from the forums and been able to relax with him on Donnie dos and so on, I know that he was a warm, generous and funny man and that’s exactly how I and those others fortunate enough to have known him will remember him. Feek has already mentioned the shooting of the umbrella, the way he held himself in general when around others was superb, and of course, no-one can possibly forget the Ocuk prices pre-discounted for all of our convenience. My thoughts are with his family at this time.

RIP Mark.

Soldato
So sorry for your loss.

I have good memories of Spie on the forums and he truly created something special in OcUK and the community here.

RIP Spie

Soldato
So sorry to hear this news Nath. I saw you two in the local pub at Christmas (we have mutual friends / same town) and he looked in good health. We are a similar age and I lost my dad two years ago unexpectedly, and if there's only one thing I can say, it's things will get better. Take care.

Caporegime
This is horrible news, he was incredibly young as well, absolutely no age to shuffle off this mortal coil. RIP to Spie and hopefully his family can do their best to steer themselves through such a sorrowful time.

I’ll be forever grateful to him, I joined here back in March 2009, I was on the edge and needed people to talk to, didn’t know what to do or who to turn to so I just typed “UK Forums” into Google. Fatefully this was the first page in the results and near enough a decade later I’m still here.

Made a few friends and had some brilliant nights chatting, playing online games and just enjoying other people’s company. I may not post here as much as I used to but I do still read the forums every day and will always have Spie to thank for giving us a place such as this.

... And thanks for the Haribo X

Soldato
Sorry for your loss. Though I'm not too interested in hardware today, OcUK was there when my fascination in computing began, which in turn flourished into a successful career. Many thanks to your dad for starting such a fantastic community. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom