Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Did you look at other examples before settling on the very high mileage one?

Yes had a look at a few but this was the right colour the right spec but you know me Fox I go with my heart I haven’t made a bad purchase so far and enjoyed everything I’ve owned some less so than others but yea. Here’s to a great ownership experience with the DB9?

Soldato
GJ and good buy... I was about to guess £25k :)

I'm not too scared of high mileage either - but it depends on the vehicle... I would have some concerns about the gearbox at that mileage.

Gearbox is a simple ZF box commonly used in many cars of that era they are good for many many miles. A rebuild probably 2-3k if it comes up it comes up. At this mileage let’s all remember it’s been sat in fifth on the motorway a lot so the box probably hasn’t had as much hammer as say a garage queen with 70k on which is taken out and only hammered on nice sunny days.

You all get the idea and if you don’t it’s okay it won’t be coming out your pockets :)

Permabanned
Gearbox is a simple ZF box commonly used in many cars of that era they are good for many many miles. A rebuild probably 2-3k if it comes up it comes up. At this mileage let’s all remember it’s been sat in fifth on the motorway a lot so the box probably hasn’t had as much hammer as say a garage queen with 70k on which is taken out and only hammered on nice sunny days.

You all get the idea and if you don’t it’s okay it won’t be coming out your pockets :)

Doesn't sound too bad then... ZF have a good reliability history.

Not putting a downer on it... great car for a great price... that V12 especially is EPIC!

Enjoy! £23k for such an incredible car is a bargain...

Soldato
Doesn't sound too bad then... ZF have a good reliability history.

Not putting a downer on it... great car for a great price... that V12 especially is EPIC!

Enjoy! £23k for such an incredible car is a bargain...

Many thanks, I plan on keeping the thread on Pistonheads up to date with any problems etc tbh it’s a good experiment how long can a DB9 last if cared for :p

Soldato
That Aston looks incredible for the price you got it for. Obviously it’s got potentially huge running costs and repair bills but it’s an awful lot of car for the money. If you put a private plate on that most people would think you own a 100k+ car easy as the general public aren’t exactly clued up on the latest Aston designs I’m sure they just look at the badge.

Caporegime
I don't see why it is that expensive. The cars are over ten years old. There is a plethora of online knowledge for fixes to problems. Most of the electronics will be ford/Volvo. As long as the V12 doesn't throw a wobbly he will be fine. Long gone are the days of 355's needing the engine taking out for a cambelt.

Back
Top Bottom