OCUK founder Spie passes away

Soldato
RIP Spie, i did not know you were although i now know you are the one who gave us this great online community which i have been apart for for 10 or so years i beleive. I hate hearing about people dying suddenly/unexpected, very unsettling :(.

May i ask how old he was?

Man of Honour
The OcUK 10th brithday party was a blast,

The last time I sat down with Mark he had messaged me to go and see him in the shop (400 yards away on Imex) because he wanted to ask me something.
I went into his office and he said he was having his OCUK 10th birthday party and he wanted me there and if possible my band but alas I was on holiday at the time :(
While I was there he asked me for my 'expert' opinion on something and played a music video which I thoroughly enjoyed and he said it was his son singing but I don't know which one.
I just said the music ticked all the boxes for that genre.
My Man of Honour was given because of these talks we had in the shop and he was a thoroughly nice guy with me and I can only judge people on how they treat me.

A huge RIP.

Caporegime
hmm, looking for his history only returns 2 results for his birthday - which is next month :(

where's the rest of the history?? lost when we moved forums?

probably, he didn't post very frequently after the company was sold IIRC, unless he had a second user name - I guess that online absence perhaps that reflects the real world too - when a company is sold the senior figures generally step aside after a period of handover

he certainly achieved a lot in creating OCUK/this forum, it is a pretty significant online community now and that's all thanks to him, the fact that this thread is 15 pages long already also reflects that

Associate
I never knew Mark personally, in fact I only shared one message with him about his new car via these forums ages ago.

However, his generosity in providing these forums has given me laughter, knowledge, a place to buy & sell safely and has helped me gain a much better understanding of computing over the many years I have been a member.

A death in the family is never easy, and nothing I can say will ease his family's pain right now. Just take comfort in knowing he achieved something worthwhile, and gave something back too.

RIP SPIE...

Man of Honour
I still can't comprehend what has happened after I heard the sad news early this morning, My thoughts and condolence go out to all his family.

I've know Mark from when OcUK was just a few weeks old and he was renting space out of the back of Millennium computers in Fenton, I became a mod on these fine forums a few months later and was until Mark sold up to live the dream after turning OcUK into the behemoth and worldwide powerhouse it is today, I have many happy memories of some great times together.

He will be sadly missed, RIP my friend.

Soldato
OP
The last time I sat down with Mark he had messaged me to go and see him in the shop (400 yards away on Imex) because he wanted to ask me something.
I went into his office and he said he was having his OCUK 10th birthday party and he wanted me there and if possible my band but alas I was on holiday at the time :(
While I was there he asked me for my 'expert' opinion on something and played a music video which I thoroughly enjoyed and he said it was his son singing but I don't know which one.
I just said the music ticked all the boxes for that genre.
My Man of Honour was given because of these talks we had in the shop and he was a thoroughly nice guy with me and I can only judge people on how they treat me.

A huge RIP.

That must have been one of my many bands. He never quite like my music but he always supported me. Such a sad time

Back
Top Bottom