Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Spoken to virgin for the 3rd time recently regarding a new contract.
Been out of contract now for about 5 months, paying £41.99 for 200mb B/B & landline (never used) & each time I've been told they can't offer me a better deal. :(

I have Sky Q so Virgin's tv package doesn't interest me, I'd happily get rid of the phone package too as it's not even plugged in.
Surely going on what others have negotiated on here, there must be a deal out there ?

Associate
Phone and speak to retentions
The first person I spoke to yesterday couldn't give me any additional discounts on my line, but retentions gave me a choice of a reduction to £37.50 p/m to stick with 200gamer (no phone/tv) or upgrade to vivid350 for £40 a month

Last edited:
Associate
Spoken to virgin for the 3rd time recently regarding a new contract.
Been out of contract now for about 5 months, paying £41.99 for 200mb B/B & landline (never used) & each time I've been told they can't offer me a better deal. :(

I have Sky Q so Virgin's tv package doesn't interest me, I'd happily get rid of the phone package too as it's not even plugged in.
Surely going on what others have negotiated on here, there must be a deal out there ?

I just renewed mine after going through to cancellations a few days ago. I have never had a phone line so was offered either 200Mb for £35 or 300Mb for £41. Both were on a 12 month contract but offer for 18 months. I took the 300.

Soldato
Looks like I got the latest firmware, will check quality monitor tomorrow. :)

Wonder if its related to having Vivid 300.......

Nice one.

How did you get it in the end, did you update to vivd300 and then get the firmware, if thats the case maybe they are pushing it to peeps who are on the "gamer" package first. Im still to test online gaming myself, no online game interests me enough to test it out, will be giving Sea of Thieves a play so that will be my first test with the hub3 and new firmware.

Soldato
I cancelled my contract on 6th March and have not heard anything from cancellations. I assume I probably won't hear anything now? Want to make sure I have internet sorted out before it gets cut off.
During the cancellation process retentions will offer you their best deal based on what you want (while on the phone), if you don't accept and still proceed with cancelling then its cancelled?

Associate
Does anyone have gaming issues with Virgin? I have been with virgin for a long time but the superhub 3 seems to be absolute poo. I often get hit with connection issues when playing R6 siege and the signal will go down every now and then, requiring a router reboot... but the router takes about 40 mins to fully reboot wtf

Permabanned
Nice one.

How did you get it in the end, did you update to vivd300 and then get the firmware, if thats the case maybe they are pushing it to peeps who are on the "gamer" package first. Im still to test online gaming myself, no online game interests me enough to test it out, will be giving Sea of Thieves a play so that will be my first test with the hub3 and new firmware.

Upgraded to vivid 300, next day had the update.

Soldato
Does anyone have gaming issues with Virgin? I have been with virgin for a long time but the superhub 3 seems to be absolute poo. I often get hit with connection issues when playing R6 siege and the signal will go down every now and then, requiring a router reboot... but the router takes about 40 mins to fully reboot wtf

Nope not had any issues, The Siege servers since the last update have started causing people to rubberband and connection quality has dropped across the board.

40 minutes for a reboot is way too long I'd be speaking to VM about replacing the hub.

Soldato
superhub 2ac on 200 meg gamer
virgin_200.png

Last edited:
Soldato

I play CS:GO, Guild Wars 2, BF1, BF4 and Battlefront 2 on a regular basis, I always have a low ping and no packet loss (bar a couple of issues with GW2's Amazon servers). That being said, I am using the SH3 in modem mode with an ASUS RT-AC66U and a Cat6a cable. You are not alone with thinking the SH3 is awful, aside from all its other problems, it does my nut in that it sometimes takes a full 5 minutes to reboot.

Soldato
Got vivid 300 today and its doing over 380meg download speed.
Been active for a few hours on the hub3 with latest firmware bbq graphs dont look good pings are higher than hub2 and vivid 200 gamer.
Will test more over the next few days. General web browsing experience is normal

Soldato
Looks like I got the latest firmware, will check quality monitor tomorrow. :)

Wonder if its related to having Vivid 300.......

Nice one.

Package doesn't seem to be the reason some people are getting the new firmware, atleast not in my case. I'm on Vivid300, updated from Gamer200 around the time people started noticing the new firmware but i'm still on the old one :mad:

Back
Top Bottom