PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
I quite like that there is no background noise anymore. I'm one of those that probably had their volume to high. It's just what i've always done since using sound to your advantage was huge in Counter-Strike. So yea removing this white noise constantly in my ear is quite nice.

However, there is still huge problems with the direction of sound being played. Multiple times last night we had 50% of our squad thinking the shots were from completely the wrong direction. And Vice versa.

I had multiple moments again with players able to rush at me full speed from 5 meters away without making a single noise on my end. Also instances when the material the enemy is walking on not syncing up with the game. Like hearing footsteps on metal when they are actually on grass or gravel.

Caporegime
I quite like that there is no background noise anymore. I'm one of those that probably had their volume to high. It's just what i've always done since using sound to your advantage was huge in Counter-Strike. So yea removing this white noise constantly in my ear is quite nice.

However, there is still huge problems with the direction of sound being played. Multiple times last night we had 50% of our squad thinking the shots were from completely the wrong direction. And Vice versa.

I had multiple moments again with players able to rush at me full speed from 5 meters away without making a single noise on my end. Also instances when the material the enemy is walking on not syncing up with the game. Like hearing footsteps on metal when they are actually on grass or gravel.

Agreed, fired it up for the first time in a while yesterday and the ambient noise being gone is an improvement but as you say, the directional sound is definitely not working as it should.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The sound-stage is my biggest gripe with the game after the de-sync issues. The footstep thing is just badly implemented, I can walk around my house with 2 bags of shopping from LIDL and not make a sound :)

Soldato
Had a nice chicken dinner last night 1 vs 2. Decided to make a play instead of going for the revive. Flashbangs turned out to be useful :D

FPP just some 3rd person messing around in the demo player.

Soldato
QQ - anyone running this on a Vega 56 at 3440X1440?

Wondering what sort of fps you could get with that setup using "pro" settings (i.e. shadows/foliage low, draw distance and textures high).

Cheers,

Su

Associate
I had read about the ambient noise removal but not really noticed it until last night when a mate asked why it was so quiet. After that I couldn't not notice it, eerily quiet. 3 games last night, came 3rd in them all. So close but so far...

Caporegime
won a couple of duos last night.one was 1v1 after mate getting knocked.final circle had ump and kar.as mate was knocked had 5 rounds left in ump tried to nail the final guy didnt go down.he pushed me so me vs guy and had to pull kar with a quick scope miss im dead and hit him.was quite tense. he had 416 so any miss only one shot and i was dead.other was nice awm power win :D . so fun smashing people with it.

still doing the steam achievements.great fun.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Everything on Low apart from View distance.

My aging 2500k Struggles but the 1080ti sings, its a ying and yang thing.

Back
Top Bottom