Spec me a rugged case with built in screen protector

Soldato
Hi,

I've been looking all over Amazon for a rugged case with built in screen protector but haven't come across much. The ones I have found aren't clear about whether the screen protector needs to be stuck on or is part of the case.

I need a case I can use when I use my phone as a satnav and don't want a 'permanent' screen protector, so something built in to the case would be nice.

Something that covers the ports as well would be good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Soldato
I use and recommend a Lifeproof Fré case. They are pricey, and chunky, but include a built-in screen protector and are excellent.

You might need to check that the phone with such a bulky case will still fit in your sat nav bracket, if you have one, though.

Soldato
OP
Thank you, they do look pretty awesome! Price is a fair bit over what I was expecting to pay but then it will be mounted on my motorbike when touring and then thrown around in a backpack and tent! Probably worth spending a bit more :)

Are they easy to take off?

Soldato
Honestly, mine's not that easy. You open the lightning port flap (easy), unscrew the headphone socket plug thing (I have a 6S), then prise apart the two halves of the case. I use a coin to do this. The front comes off and then you can tip the phone out of the back part.

I don't think you'll find a rugged case with screen protector that is easy to put on and take off, because that would sort of compromise the integrity of it. I just leave my Lifeproof on all the time, and I've got used to the added bulk. For me, the convenience of being able to really chuck it around on stage etc. is worth it :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks. As long as it’s doable without breaking anything then that’s ok for me! I don’t use it as satnav often so shouldn’t be too much of a pain :)

Back
Top Bottom