**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
my battery got much worse with march update.. talking a good 20-30% hit by end of day. Usually had 25-30% left, yesterday was at 2% before plugging in with less use. Not too happy.

Soldato
No battery or WIFI issues here however I noticed for the first time today (since March update which I got last weekend) that the charging status changes now since Google said they would look into cases where the phone said it was "Charging Rapidly" but in reality it wasn't. Today it 'charged rapidly' until 90% then as usual the charging slowed down but the status changed to 'Charging Slowly'.

Soldato
No one else had issue with dead/stuck pixels?

I'm on my THIRD device now and this time I have a pixel that is stuck a slightly light-ish grey on every colour (apart from black obviously). I've even had to switch to the panda version from my preferred black due to stock availability.

I'm at the point of giving in and living with this device now and going for a warranty claim with Google at some point in the future. It takes Currys almost a week each time for the turn around.

Soldato
No one else had issue with dead/stuck pixels?

I'm on my THIRD device now and this time I have a pixel that is stuck a slightly light-ish grey on every colour (apart from black obviously). I've even had to switch to the panda version from my preferred black due to stock availability.

I'm at the point of giving in and living with this device now and going for a warranty claim with Google at some point in the future. It takes Currys almost a week each time for the turn around.

Why the hell would you go via Curry's. Go to Google. I sent my EE one in on Monday .they dispatched a new ones on Tuesday. Arrived Wednesday .

Also Google only want the device. So now I have spare chargers and cables .

Soldato
Only from past experience with the Nexus phones. They wouldn't touch them unless you bought it from them.

EDIT: Just used their support on the phone. They will replace, but don't exchange at the door or send out advance repairs due to me not buying through them. Same process as Currys pretty much. Maybe I'll have more luck with Google though, Currys must have a duff batch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only from past experience with the Nexus phones. They wouldn't touch them unless you bought it from them.

EDIT: Just used their support on the phone. They will replace, but don't exchange at the door or send out advance repairs due to me not buying through them. Same process as Currys pretty much. Maybe I'll have more luck with Google though, Currys must have a duff batch.

Same as others, I got mine from CPW didn't want to deal with them on the RMA, So I spoke to Google & had a replacement sorted through them, It only took a few days too. Likewise what jimlad said I now have extra cables/adapters too :)

Soldato
Just tried the video on my 2XL for the first time... it's absolutely awful - really pixelated and 'choppy'.

The original Pixel was the same. I raised it as a topic of conversation at the time, and whilst a few people did acknowledge the issue there was proper fanboy stuff going on due to the Pixel being new to market and all the Android geeks wanting a reason to love it.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/google-pixel-and-pixel-xl.18737063/page-76#post-30153792

It's a great phone, but the video footage is undoubtedly awful for such a high end handset.

Associate
On my second XL now, woke up this morning to a grey blob on the right of the screen and a grey streak running from the blob to the other side of the screen. It's exactly one week old so nipped up to CPW and swapped it out. Hope this one is OK!

Associate
Does anyone else use reminders? For some reason, mine now wont clear. If I press finish in the notification shade, the reminder will come back later in the day after I'm done with it. Very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom