• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
You also have to remember that Ryzen has better IPC than Sandy Bridge, a 4.4GHz Ryzen is probably near enough equivalent to a 5GHz 2600K.
I'd expect the Ryzen to be decently ahead at those clock speeds.

This achievement of DDR4 4000 is much more important than the 4.4GHz.

We don't know that for sure. I doubt there are any benchmarks of original Ryzen going that high since it just wasn't possible, so we don't know if using RAM speeds beyond 3200-3466 MHz still increases performance. It may well do.

Soldato
Ryzen noob Q here; is there benefit from running higher speed RAM at the same CPU clock speed?

If so, what is the approx range of performance gain (e.g. if I add +33% RAM speed going from 2400MHz to 3200MHz, what corresponding range in performance increase could you expect?). Realize that's a multi-variable question, but want to understand how meaningful it is.

Caporegime
Ryzen noob Q here; is there benefit from running higher speed RAM at the same CPU clock speed?

If so, what is the approx range of performance gain (e.g. if I add +33% RAM speed going from 2400MHz to 3200MHz, what corresponding range in performance increase could you expect?). Realize that's a multi-variable question, but want to understand how meaningful it is.

Gaming performance...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ryzen-1-memory-scaling-testing.18813342/

Wm60_UEU.png

Permabanned
Soldato
I've just had an idea as to why there is no 2800X, yet. AMD are waiting to see what Intel do with their Z390 8 core, with that the 2800X could be higher clocked than the 2700X.
Well we'll know if that's the case when people get hold of R7 2700Xs and see how high they can clock. If there's no headroom then don't expect an R7 2800X.

Back
Top Bottom