Random devices showing in Network?

Soldato
As above, got random devices showing up, I'm on BT and have a BT HUB 6 router and when I look in network there is weird stuff showing up like today "DOUGEE BL500", the other day "Douglas" and other random things. Could this be something to do with the BT Wi-Fi using a portion of my internet? Surely if any connected via that I certainly wouldn't see them in my network?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Any quick way to check what it relates to other than checking all my devices IP addresses individually?

There is one I don't recognise in there, however the one called "Douglas" doesn't show in my router as I've compared the MAC address.

Soldato
Is it just in windows networking?

If so it's a bit of an odd one but after a but of looking I found no devices connected to my router but I could see "Sony phone" or something.

It's a Windows network assistant service that just needs to be disabled. I forget which one, I'll dig it out.

Soldato
Last time I read about BT FON or whatever it's called nowadays, is that BTs router creates a completely separate network, so if they were connected then you shouldn't be able to see them on your network.

Soldato
OP
I might change SSID and P/W, just a faff having to go through all devices to change PW. Very weird especially seeing devices in network that the router isn't registering in its settings.

And yes it's in Windows networking, seen a sony phone earlier as well, very freaky!

Back
Top Bottom