Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
I had spotted that one actually so thanks for the heads-up :) I would have walked away with the colour change too, so thanks!

It annoys me slightly that I have to pay to join the TTOC to view the for-sale adverts. I don't own the car yet, why would I pay to sign up as a member?!

Thought a heads up on the white one is sensible, it's pretty disappointing driving miles to find out it is a shed.

No idea on ttoc I haven't joined but am guessing it' an owners forum. I don't get the whole paying to join. I certainly won't be. I get that the info can be valuable but paying for forum membership... no ta.

Nem

Nem

Associate
I had spotted that one actually so thanks for the heads-up :) I would have walked away with the colour change too, so thanks!

It annoys me slightly that I have to pay to join the TTOC to view the for-sale adverts. I don't own the car yet, why would I pay to sign up as a member?!
Is that the TT-Forum classified section you mean?

Nem

Nem

Associate
Yep, I dont appear to be able to access it without being a paid member.
The TT-Forum isn't actually anything to do with the TTOC (TT Owners club). The club moved away from using that forum about 3 years ago due to a multi national company buying the forum and basically making life difficult for the club.

You can either pay for £5 to gain access on there, or just make 20 posts without being too obvious that you're bumping yourself up and you get access anyway.

The TTOC is more what you would imagine from a club, membership, magazine, stands at events, and a private members forum on our own website. Some people just like being part of a club but it's not for everyone I know.

The club got a lot of bad press over the happenings on the TT Forum which were nothing to do with it basically. :(

Soldato
I think after having a chat with the mrs, we will be ordering our new car today

I have made my mind up on the spec

A4 2.0 TFSI S Line S-Tronic
Silver
Dynamic Alloys

Technology Pack (Virtual Cockpit, MMI), Matrix LED, Interior LED, Folding Mirrors, Parking Advanced

Will haggle to see if I can get something like the free servicing pack added on

Associate
Had this for a few weeks now, guess I should have posted sooner (if I can get images to work)

ITdifcn.jpg

Having come from a long line of BMW's, I'm really happy this latest A4 iteration. It's refined, comfortable and rapid, albeit a touch on the less dramatic side of fun. That does me now though as age and kids are taking their toll.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at getting something a bit bigger than my current MK.7 Golf GTI, and was considering an A4 S-Line 2.0 TFSI with the tech pack, but think I’ve settled on an A5 Sportback, due to the handier hatchback layout. The main criteria I’m looking at is something that can carry 4 adults, and their luggage in comfort. The Golf, while I’ve loved owning it over the past 2 and a half years, just isn’t big enough anymore.

Soldato
I think after having a chat with the mrs, we will be ordering our new car today

I have made my mind up on the spec

A4 2.0 TFSI S Line S-Tronic
Silver
Dynamic Alloys

Technology Pack (Virtual Cockpit, MMI), Matrix LED, Interior LED, Folding Mirrors, Parking Advanced

Will haggle to see if I can get something like the free servicing pack added on
You'll like the car, I pay for a fixed service interval plan. Only paying £9.56 a month for three years...

Soldato
You'll like the car, I pay for a fixed service interval plan. Only paying £9.56 a month for three years...

Was never offered any kind of service plan when I bought mine.

Think I'm going to switch to the fixed schedule actually as I only average 10k miles per year and would prefer the oil was changed more regularly anyway.

Soldato
First thing I did was switch to fixed. 6,500 miles in 16 months so far!

Well yeah, with that kind of mileage.

Just they recommend the switching point is 10k miles pa, which is pretty much what I do, so I've left previous cars on variable intervals. Think this one would benefit from more frequent oil changes though.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Had this for a few weeks now, guess I should have posted sooner (if I can get images to work)

Having come from a long line of BMW's, I'm really happy this latest A4 iteration. It's refined, comfortable and rapid, albeit a touch on the less dramatic side of fun. That does me now though as age and kids are taking their toll.
More pics please!

Soldato
Was never offered any kind of service plan when I bought mine.

Think I'm going to switch to the fixed schedule actually as I only average 10k miles per year and would prefer the oil was changed more regularly anyway.
How strange you weren't offered any, the salesperson tried to sell me just about everything. I don't know if you know it but the service plans are through Audi Finance but I don't know where you'd stand with your mileage..

Soldato
No I don't think that's the case, I had a A3 before and was offered one. I guess some salespersons aren't very thorough. But you'd think they would have a crib sheet at least, plus some bonus for selling extra's

Back
Top Bottom