BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Not done the switch but probably won't be twice the car.I have owned non-M cars and M cars of the same series, ie, I went from an Z4 3.0 to a Z4 M in the past . With M cars you're getting everything that little more improved. Top end of everything (cars, GPU's etc) is never worth the money if you compare to the next model down, but it's not about that :). If you want the ultimate of a BMW series then it has to be the M.

Well... courtesy of the folks on this forum reinforcing the lack of logic... I've just bought a BMW M4 Competition Pack! Yas Marina Blue with Silverstone Leather!

The numbers of course made absolutely no sense... but whatever, live once and all that... should pick it up on Friday! Be prepared for pics and posts :)

Caporegime
Well... courtesy of the folks on this forum reinforcing the lack of logic... I've just bought a BMW M4 Competition Pack! Yas Marina Blue with Silverstone Leather!

The numbers of course made absolutely no sense... but whatever, live once and all that... should pick it up on Friday! Be prepared for pics and posts :)

Woop! Did you try an M2?

Soldato

Great choice. Comp pack for me was just a bit too much for me so I got a regular M3. Absolutely love it though. I’m taking it back to its homeland next week so it will get a good blast along the Autobahn!

Congratulations on the purchase, and I hope you enjoy it!

Associate
Woop! Did you try an M2?

At 6ft 5 i think i'd look a bit silly in an M2... heard its great though!!

Great choice. Comp pack for me was just a bit too much for me so I got a regular M3. Absolutely love it though. I’m taking it back to its homeland next week so it will get a good blast along the Autobahn!

Congratulations on the purchase, and I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks! Looking forward to it! Was a toss up between one in Yas Marina Blue or one in Sakhir Orange for an extra £1500... Sakhir Orange was the colour i was looking for but YMB is a close second and it has the white leather interior which i wanted.

Associate

Ooh congrats that sounds like a lovely spec - looking forward to seeing some pics ;)

Caporegime
At 6ft 5 i think i'd look a bit silly in an M2... heard its great though!!

They are. I was comfortable at 6ft. May well be a bit of a squeeze for you!
Found it handles better than the M4 however not as nice a place to sit and the engine in the M4 is a lot punchier. Both cars made me grin like some kind of creep so you're definitely going to enjoy your purchase!
Agree with you on the colours. I wouldn't be disappointed with YM blue at all.

Soldato
Probably.

Saw a mate recently for the first time in ages, driving a 2012 320d, the last time I saw him he had a small flat and an f10 M5 he's now got the 3 but a Mrs and 4 bedroom house...

Sensible hats and all that. There's got to be some middle ground. I could quite easily move back into my parents and afford something daft like the M5, but I'd be miserable. Similarly a 4 bed house would be lovely, but in the area I want to live, I'd be taking the bus or walking to work. I'd be miserable again.

I moved from a 2013 M135i to a 2001 530i last year. A difficult move to make, trust me, but I'm enjoying not suffering £300 a month in finance payments. MPG, VED and insurance remain largely similar (MPG worse, insurance better, net each other off), so as long as she doesn't throw any bills I'm good. I'm in "profit" territory now so if the 5 blows an engine or the gearbox decides to die then I'm not too fussed.

Caporegime
Sensible hats and all that. There's got to be some middle ground. I could quite easily move back into my parents and afford something daft like the M5, but I'd be miserable. Similarly a 4 bed house would be lovely, but in the area I want to live, I'd be taking the bus or walking to work. I'd be miserable again.

I moved from a 2013 M135i to a 2001 530i last year. A difficult move to make, trust me, but I'm enjoying not suffering £300 a month in finance payments. MPG, VED and insurance remain largely similar (MPG worse, insurance better, net each other off), so as long as she doesn't throw any bills I'm good. I'm in "profit" territory now so if the 5 blows an engine or the gearbox decides to die then I'm not too fussed.
Agree entirely and good compromise re the 530i - still fine cars today, I loved mine until it died spectacularly - (although in the case of my mate I couldn’t quite grasp a turbocharged M5 to a 320 diesel...) his house is beautiful and will be an appreciating asset where the M5 won’t do that for years to come if ever I thought he’d at least have opted for a better engine.

He said whilst he hates the 320d it’s because of the M5 he’s now married, his now wife is the service manager at the dealer he bought it from and a turbo failure and lots of arguments over who was at fault ended in romance! :D

Soldato
Agree entirely and good compromise re the 530i - still fine cars today, I loved mine until it died spectacularly - (although in the case of my mate I couldn’t quite grasp a turbocharged M5 to a 320 diesel...) his house is beautiful and will be an appreciating asset where the M5 won’t do that for years to come if ever I thought he’d at least have opted for a better engine.

He said whilst he hates the 320d it’s because of the M5 he’s now married, his now wife is the service manager at the dealer he bought it from and a turbo failure and lots of arguments over who was at fault ended in romance! :D

Ha, that's brilliant.

Yeah, the 530i was a weird transition for me, but not as much as the M5 to 320d!

For me, what was immediately evident, was the 5 Series being noticeably more refined, better stuck together, more comfortable etc. but it came at the price of acceleration, tech and driving fun. It would've been an easier pill to swallow had the 5 been a Sport and manual rather than an SE and Auto. But make no mistake, it's properly wafty, and the wood trim does it no favours in the sporty department :D

Soldato
Hi Guys, Just after joining this club, bought my first ever BMW a few days ago. It's a 120D Coupe with the M-sport styling, 7 years old. Still in honey moon phase of course, but, I am very happy with the car so far. Looks amazing and is really nice to drive. Read a few stories about them been uncomfortable on long journeys especially with the runflat tyres because of the firm ride. I have done around 1000km so far and I think it's fine.

Soldato
So, do I qualify for this club? This is definitely going to polarise opinions...

6rhka5A_d.jpg.png

BMW i3S fully electric. Apologies if the image doesn’t appear correctly trying to post from my phone!

Happy to answer any questions... really enjoying it. The chassis is extremely playful.

Soldato
Nice things, a colleague has got one of order at the moment.

Range is shocking for the money but the interior is unmatched compared to similarly priced electric cars.

Congrats on the new car though!

Back
Top Bottom