**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
Associate
Not sure if it's an Oreo issue? My S8+ from Carphone Warehouse but on Vodafone had WiFi Calling working on it but since Oreo update I can't seem to get it to appear in the settings list, despite texting 97888 etc.
My wife's S9+ direct from Vodafone also doesn't have the option available despite texting 97888 and it being turned on in the options on the website.

Associate

Doesn't look good just yet..... (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/)

A compatible device:
  • Samsung – Galaxy A3 (2016 and 2017), A5 (2016 and 2017), S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, Note8 and XCover 4
  • iPhone – iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone SE
  • Huawei – P10
  • Sony – XZ Premium
  • Vodafone – Smart ultra 7 and Smart platinum 7
Mine arrived over the weekend (direct from Vodafone, also Wifi enabled on the website but no option on the phone).

Might be getting sent back....

Permabanned
Is the memory management better? S8+ kept force closing apps unless you managed them and even if you did sometimes. :(

Speed was never a problem, opening Chrome to continue working on something only for it reload and lose everything was not amusing.

Associate
Does anyone know how the Smart caller feature works for legit numbers? I've had a couple of calls where it's correctly identified it as a legit company or a spam call, however i've had a couple people call from their mobile numbers which I don't have saved but the Smart call has shown their name. Is it an option on their phone where they can share info?

It's been really handy as I know who's called me so I can call them back knowing it's them but just wondered how it worked and if my name would also go out on a number I haven't called before.

Associate
Does anyone know how the Smart caller feature works for legit numbers? I've had a couple of calls where it's correctly identified it as a legit company or a spam call, however i've had a couple people call from their mobile numbers which I don't have saved but the Smart call has shown their name. Is it an option on their phone where they can share info?

It's been really handy as I know who's called me so I can call them back knowing it's them but just wondered how it worked and if my name would also go out on a number I haven't called before.

Yes, if you go into phone, settings then caller ID and spam prevention, you can toggle a switch so others can see your name show up when calling out.

Soldato
What's the Samsung software like? I have a Pixel 2XL at the moment, I moved from usually having iPhones (last one being the 7) I love the android interface and how customizable it all is, I use a launcher for my Pixel and it's good but tempted by the Samsung S9+

Associate
Can I get the wireless charger for free if I order the S9?
No, you just get a plug in the wall charger which if you buy the Samsung wireless charger you need to use anyway with the wireless charger unless you purchase a spare. The wireless charger is just the base/stand that does the wireless function, you still need to use the OEM supplied charger to power it.

Last edited:
Associate
Can I get the wireless charger for free if I order the S9?

I had a look in carphone warehouse at the weekend to have a look at an S9 Plus. I'm sure they had an offer on a free wireless charger with either of the S9 phones. I could be wrong so don't quote me on it as didn't take a lot of notice of the offer :rolleyes: May not have been a Samsung wireless charger either.

I have an S8 which I've had for nearly a year. I kind of regretted not getting the bigger S8 Plus a bit. Crossed my mind to trade my S8 for an S9 Plus. Couldn't fault the S9Plus as much as I could try it tethered to the display. Put the s8 and S9 Plus together and the Plus isn't all that much bigger physically than my S8 but display is bigger - of course! The thing that stopped me is the asking price .. £869 is just a fair lump of money. I always go sim only and buy my phone. So, liked the phone didn't like the cost. Price may drop in the coming months but I'm not holding my breath :(

Back
Top Bottom