Website features that appeal to female visitors?

Soldato
OP
My attempts to find any information on this have just resulted in a lot of discussion on gender which doesn't really interest me. I guess I'll go with making it pink then.

*shrug*

Man of Honour
My attempts to find any information on this have just resulted in a lot of discussion on gender which doesn't really interest me. I guess I'll go with making it pink then.

*shrug*

Eh? You asked a question that was entirely about gender and nothing but gender. The only possible replies were serious ones about gender or some nonsense about gender for laughs. Any reply not about gender would have been irrelevant to your question.

yes, pink is a good idea - also pictures of kittens too, girls like those

Ponies. Don't forget ponies. With unicorns.

Oh, and sparkly things. Sparkly unicorns! Sparkly pink unicorns! But don't forget to add more server capability for every sparkly pink unicorn or your site will surely fall over under the strain of so many customers.

Also, naked men. Who also sparkle. But who are only a bit pink. That's the only place you can have too much pink.

Associate
What specifically is the ecom site selling?

I don't think the customer experience is particularly gender specific - everyone wants to quickly find what they're looking for, be inspired and have it made as easy as possible for them to transact. So things like persistent basket, really good search and filter functionality, wish lists, sale reminders, restock reminders, ability to sign up to receive products on a certain schedule (depends what you're selling but if it's a product that typically needs to be repurchased like toiletries/makeup), clear descriptions, ability to review products, good quality pictures, inspirational "collections" of curated stuff according to a particular theme...

Soldato
OP
Eh? You asked a question that was entirely about gender and nothing but gender. The only possible replies were serious ones about gender or some nonsense about gender for laughs. Any reply not about gender would have been irrelevant to your question.

Sorry. I worded my post wrong. When I said I got a bit fed up with the whole gender discussion thing I meant that it gets into whether transgender women were the same as women and that is something that I didn't want to get into. As far as I am concerned anyone who wants to call themselves female is female.

This all happened on a different site to OCUK.

Caporegime
Sorry. I worded my post wrong. When I said I got a bit fed up with the whole gender discussion thing I meant that it gets into whether transgender women were the same as women and that is something that I didn't want to get into. As far as I am concerned anyone who wants to call themselves female is female.

This all happened on a different site to OCUK.

Don't start them off here as well!

Back
Top Bottom