3D-printed homes?

Man of Honour
would you though?

that small printed "house" looks more like a printed room. it's tiny. for most people who have social lives, partners and kids it doesn't work.

also how does a motorhome work when you want to play some CS:GO online? you can't. hot water? cook a proper meal? sky tv? space for a 60" tv? can you have a bath? can you invite your mates round for a party?

only a hermit would live in one.
Just lol. Not everyone wants kids.
Plenty of couple live in such things.
Haven't had a bath in over 7years.
They have hot water, proper stoves etc.
Mobile internet is a thing as is WiFi.
Why do you think you can't have TV or sky.

And yes I would much rather spend 20k than 200k and have not only a better how/work life balance but have more money to travel and do other things.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
There's loads of them about.

They are cavity wall as well so can easily be insulated.

That's mental, I'm guessing there're some size restrictions with printing houses though. Most 3D printed houses I've seen were quite small...

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I've, but for some reason, every time I post it adds media at the beginning and the end... WTF

Edit:

Fixed it!

Caporegime
Just lol. Not everyone wants kids.
Plenty of couple live in such things.
Haven't had a bath in over 7years.
They have hot water, proper stoves etc.
Mobile internet is a thing as is WiFi.
Why do you think you can't have TV or sky.

And yes I would much rather spend 20k than 200k and have not only a better how/work life balance but have more money to travel and do other things.

you can fit a 60" tv in a motorhome? really?

how much electricity does a motorhome generate? can it power everything you would want from a traditional home?

can it store a weeks worth of food as well as a case of beer in the fridge/freezer?

if you have lived in a real home and can afford a real home i don't see why anyone would put up with all these compromises.

also lol to not everyone wants kids. so your saying this is basically just for hermits then. you agree? loners.

as for mobile wi-fi good luck gaming on that.

Man of Honour

how much electricity does a motorhome generate? can it power everything you would want from a traditional home?

can it store a weeks worth of food as well as a case of beer in the fridge/freezer?

if you have lived in a real home and can afford a real home i don't see why anyone would put up with all these compromises.

also lol to not everyone wants kids. so your saying this is basically just for hermits then. you agree? loners.

Again lol.yes you can fit a massive TV, normal fridge freezer etc.

4g is better than a lot of village connections. Also you now what percent of people play online FPS.

So everyone who doesn't want kids is a loner, this makes no sense at all.

Permabanned
Caporegime

Not everyone wants all this stuff.
I actually wish I didn' h so much stuff as its only a burden.

Some people will never own a home. And especially if you don't want kids and aren' t materialistic this is a great idea.

All that money going on rent could go to doing things you enjoy.
If these were available now I'd be snapping one up.

For me being able to move quickly for little cost across the country would be a dream.
In present environment with mortgages, deposits, fees you simply move regularly.

Caporegime
that's a really nice solution(on stilts above cr parking space), haven't seen that before.
how do this uk business start up and survive, when there's no chance of planning permission for it.

seems they've got other projects that don't involved that concept house but are focused more on having a low energy footprint etc.. also overseas projects too

Man of Honour
The housing crisis is nothing to do with the time it takes to lay bricks. Period.
not true, although there are far big issues to sort out. Bricks are labour intensive and labour is expensive inn the UK, on top of that bricks are not good at noise or heat insuation. it's a poor default standard that contributes to house prices.

Soldato
not true, although there are far big issues to sort out. Bricks are labour intensive and labour is expensive inn the UK, on top of that bricks are not good at noise or heat insuation. it's a poor default standard that contributes to house prices.

But a house built properly out of bricks will last longer than something from a 3D printer.

Man of Honour
But a house built properly out of bricks will last longer than something from a 3D printer.
a) why?
B) makes no difference, unlike most goods, houses do not depreciate with age. You don't go pick up a 100year building for 30k because its old. So when it's cheap and quick to build it really doesn't make much difference.
C) 3d printing isn't the only alternative to bricks.

Soldato
a) why?
B) makes no difference, unlike most goods, houses do not depreciate with age. You don't go pick up a 100year building for 30k because its old. So when it's cheap and quick to build it really doesn't make much difference.
C) 3d printing isn't the only alternative to bricks.

Try obtaining a conventional mortgage on a pre fab house and then come back and tell us how material selection and construction method has no relevance to the re sale potential of a house....

Man of Honour
Try obtaining a conventional mortgage on a pre fab house and then come back and tell us how material selection and construction method has no relevance to the re sale potential of a house....
come back with a sensible argument, were talking about possibilities. These things can't even getting planning permission. Doesn't mean they cant in the future and when they're recognised as sandard construction and cost a fraction to rebuild, mortgages wont be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom